Sapnap sighs with understanding.

Damage control was our way of saying for one of us to go live and distract the fans.

"Tina and Karl are here at George's place right now. We'll do an IRL stream and do some dumb shit."

"Thanks, tell them thanks from me too."

"No problem dude, it's what friends are for."

Sapnap hangs up and I immediately open Twitter.

My eyes widen at the number of tags and mentions on my timeline.

Rachel @dreeehmwasnttaken

*One image attached*

Who's this girl? Dream was playing with her on stream.

1,458 replies 5,428 retweets 10.7K likes

-Bri @nonammeee

Not sure. Could be his secret girlfriend.

-Rare @rarewastaken

She's not that hot. Dream deserves better.

-Barrel @crackerinabarrel

Stfu, we don't even know if he is or isn't dating anyone. One, we shouldn't infringe on his private life. Two, she's not ugly? You prob are though.

-Rare @rarewastaken

Bro I never said she was ugly. I just think Dream descended someone better, like me 😍

-Barrel @crackerinabarrel

Fucking Stan

-Rare @rarewastaken

I'm sorry that voicing my opinions in public is a crime. What are you going to do? Report me?

This is exactly the kind of shit I see on Twitter. I full on copy and pasted it and just changed some of the wording.

I immediately exit the tweet and put my phone down.

Fuck, that was only one conversation.
How bad is it really?

I steel myself and open Twitter once again, scrolling to the trending page.

#dreamgirlfriend

#mysterygirl

#sam

"Great, now they're going to bring this shit up again," I groan.

On the dot, I receive a notification from Karl saying that he'll be streaming with Tina from George's house.

I smile.

"Good, now that should distract some of them."

I open my notes app and start drafting a tweet. After typing, deleting, and rewriting, I finally finish and decide to post it to my private account.

My eyes scan the message one last time before I send it.

"Please, no one take this the wrong way," I let out a loud sigh as I hit tweet.

The likes and relies immediately shoot up as thousands upon thousands of eyes read the message.

DREAM 🔒 @dreamsecretclub

Hey, guys so I saw some stuff on Twitter and wanted to address it real quick before it got out of hand. No, the steamer I was playing with is not in any relationship with me. They started steaming a while ago and they popped up on my Twitch. I watched for a bit but you idiots found me lurking. I decided to join since you guys kept telling me that they were better than me. And through a very close game, we won (on the same team).

They're a really amazing person and I reached out to see if we could play more often. I'm looking forward to not getting carried in the future!

In all seriousness, enough with this drama. I'm not in any relationship and please don't send hate to them just because you think we have a connection. They barely knew who I was and I barely know them. I'd like to get to know them as a fellow content creator and perhaps a friend.

Remember not to speculate on things that you don't know the full context of and don't jump to conclusions based on what people say.

I love you all, stay safe ❤️

6,268 replies 52.7K likes

Most of the comment section is flooded with relief, memes about George, and more positivity.

I love the community.

Discord                                                        now
U/N
Wtf is happening on Twitter

——————————————————————————————

1,165 words

Comment any mistakes you find so I can fix them!