Start of the mission (Part 14)

The hashira and the demon bid goodbye and went on their mission. It has been a while and all they did was walk in silence. Wanting to break the silence Mitsuri asked, "Hey, y/n-chan do you think that Tomioka-san is in love with Shinobu-chan?"

Y/n's pov.
Love? Tomioka-san is in love with Shinobu-chan? Must be right? After all they've been friends for a long time. "I am very sorry Kanroji-chan but i don't know if they are in love with each other. All i know is that Shinobu-chan teases Tomioka-san." I couldn't speak out my thoughts something was holding me back...

"Oh? Right you're new here. Anyways let's forget about them and focus on our mission!" Kanroji-chan offered.
I am on a mission but I don't know if we are either killing demons or just investigating. Due to curiosity i asked, "Uhmm..Kanroji-chan...if i may ask, what is our mission all about? Is it an investigation? Or something else?."

"Oh my little Y/n your curiosities are taking over you. Promise me you'll be more reserved? So that little misunderstandings can be prevented. Still our mission is to take out a demon who had been feasting on a village, it's very far from here. And we'll take a train to do so!."

Train?....

-an hour passed by,-

No one's pov.
The hashira and the demon arrived st the train station, took tickets and rode the train going their way. The train was now starting it's engines and started running.

Y/n felt strange as if someone was watching her.... She looked around but none of the other passengers looked suspicious.

"There you are my little y/n... Where have you been?"

Just the voice itself made her tremble, she was shaking badly that kanroji felt her too.

"Are you okay? Y/n-chan! Why ar you shaking so bad?"

"S-some-one....wa..was- someone was watching us. I think i might know who it is."

"What do you mean by that? Please explain later after we stop at our destination. Maybe you just got overwhelmed by riding this train."

A few minutes passed an they got off the bus now arriving at the said village. Now Kanroji and Y/n are facing the board that says 'Welcome'

"Now before we enter could you tell me why were you shaking earlier?"

Kanroji's pov.
Why was she shocked earlier? This is new for me since it's my first Mission with her, i can't come into conclusions i need to know what actually happened.

"Kanroji-chan after we rode that train, i felt someone or something was watching us, it made me very nervous and anxious i looked around but found nothing suspicious but after that it was like someone whispered into my ear. I recognised the voice and i started trembling badly..." Her tone is very faint, it's like trauma hit her badly.

"I am very sorry if i couldn't explain earlier."

"Since you recognised the voice...may i know their name? If i am intruding into your personal life i apologize."

"It's okay kanroji-chan, and the one that whispered into my ear was none other than another demon whose blood arts are talking to someone they know if they are at a certain distance. Though it's useless for combat he uses it for his own likes. He is one of 'that mans' pawn, the guy was obsessed with me that when he tries to hurt me discreetly he only hits my arms and legs but never at my face."

"Guess he is very fond of it."

"Yes, i thought so too. I couldn't come to the actual conclusion but i told that man about those days i got hurt, he got angry at him and took him off the job of watching me."

"Okay then thank you for explaining. We should focus on our mission now so you can get rest at the butterfly mansion."

"Okay!"

670 words