All Is Fair

Her POV-
I thought Brandon and I were good. I thought we had gotten better. Gotten over his jealousy over Logan, whom I don't even talk to anymore. Mostly.

But he and his girl best friend, Asia, are really getting close with one another. Just the other day she was resting her head on his lap while he was on his phone playing with her hair. And on his account I saw them at the local coffee shop and his mother commented 'You can bring her to the house!'

Obviously I wasn't okay with this.

It was frustrating, honestly.

But when I saw them kissing in the hallways,
I broke.

My friends had to come out of class to comfort me in the bathroom because I skipped fifth period so I didn't have to see him.

"I just wish I could find me a nice guy who actually likes me!" I said softly. My friend knelt down beside me and hugged me.

My other friend though, looked at this scenario a little differently.

"Well he hurt you. But you to get him back Paige." She sneered.

"What are you talking about?" I asked her.

"Find someone who he hates. And when I say hate? I mean loathe. And date them. Right in front of him, show him what he's missing." She said with a confident smirk.

I wiped my tears and stood up with a smile growing on my face. She's right.

And I know exactly who to call for this job.

I already had my dress on, with my hair and makeup done. I was waiting for my ride to come and pick me up. I wore a golden silk dress that reached mid thigh, with spaghetti straps and a loose top. I matched it with black high heels that tied all the way up my leg.

It was Homecoming dance and I was prepared.

A shiny black car pulled up and a tall boy with dark, curly, brown hair got out with sunglasses on and a knowing smirk. He greeted me with a bow which made me laugh as he got the car door for me and we were on our way.

He knew the plan and was prepared.

We made our flashy entrance as we walked arm in arm to the floor. He casually took his shades off and threw them to a girl with a wink, which she blushed and ran off to tell her friends all about it.

The song was a slow song.

He pulled me in by my hips and swayed us to the beat. He held eye contact with me, which made me a little nervous. My arms wrapped around his neck as our faces drew close to each other.

The song came to an end but in that moment I forgot all about Brandon and revenge. It was just him and I.

"You don't know how long I've waited for this moment. For you to want this too." He said huskily.

My eyes widened when his lips crashed into my own. I could hear the gasps all around. The whispers and voices that no longer affected me, they merely bounced off of us as we made out on the dance floor, dancing to a new song.

"Doesn't she have a boyfriend? Maybe she came here drunk."

"Why is she kissing him? Doesn't she know who he is?"

"Slut."

"Homie hoper."

"He's literally a home wrecker...what the fuck."

They all melted and blended into the background. All I could feel was his hands tightly on my waist and all I could hear were his unsteady breaths.

Someone pulled me away and off the dance floor.