Slight Complications

Her POV-
"What the hell is he doing here?" Brandon immediately said, right off the bat.

"What are you talking about? It's a public library." I pointed out. Though I couldn't help but clutch the book in my hands.

"Well I don't want you around him. He's not a good person." My boyfriend practically seethes.

He looks like such a wreck right now.

"Babe, relax, you got nothing to worry about." I assured him with my hand on his shoulder.

Also the hand I used to feel up Logan's muscles at a party.

His face still looks strained but his body relaxes. He brushes off my hand and leads us back to our table. He talks nonstop about his academics while I try to not zone out.

How much boring can this conversation get?

"Heyy, are you even listening?" He asked while flipping through some book that's way too smart for me.

I hum in response.

My phone buzzes and it's a text from him. Must've put it in my phone at some point. I really need a passcode.

Notification from Better Bf;)

I roll my eyes and change the contact name with a small smile on my face. Brandon notices.

Logan :: party, ellerbe rd 612 don't miss it

Of course he's inviting me to parties.

"Who's that?" Brandon asks nonchalantly but I can see how much he wants to know who.

"One of my friend's invited us to a party, you coming?" I smiled while gently setting my phone down.

"What you're going? You don't seem like the type of girl to party." He stated while chuckling like it was an inside joke only he knew.

"What's that supposed to mean?" I frowned.

I knew how to party certainly at the last one I went to, that's for sure.

"Nothing babe, I'll go."

I felt like uninviting him at that point but I couldn't.

I ended up texting Logan later for more details. He was such a dry texter it almost hurt. So why was I smiling?

Brandon called me but I figured I could just call him later and tell him I was in the shower or something like that.

It wasn't cheating to text one other guy. So why was I also feeling extreme waves of guilt?
Brayden and I have been dating for two weeks now, and I think we're doing just fine.

But I had to pick out my outfit for the party.

I chose a short, tight black dress with knee high black boots.

I could only busy myself for so long before I was trapped in my own mind again.

Does Brandon know something I don't? Is that why he acts the way he does whenever he sees Logan? An honestly, I took offense to the comment about me not looking like a girl who parties.

How does he expect me to dress? Like a hooker?

That brought an idea to my head about what my theme of outfits is going to be next week. Let's see what my dear boyfriend has to say about that.