What Hurts

His POV-
I think I truly am starting to love her.

Yesterday she told me it was just rumors. Something by the way her eyes shine makes me want to hold her and never let go. She's beautiful.

But what does this make us? Since we clearly both like each other. Maybe I should get her a teddy bear or something? What do girls even like?

"What's got you all happy?" My friend questions from beside me.

"Nothing." I replied while still smiling.

He looks behind me and glares at something. He tries to stop me as I turn around but I do so anyways.
And there they are.

He's got his arm around her and their smiling like newly weds. She's holding a small, white teddy bear with a faint blush on her cheeks.

Seeing her makes my heart warm but seeing them feels like I just got stabbed.

What the hell...

"I thought you said..." my friend, Lincoln starts.

"I know what I said." I stated with a harsh tone.
But does she know what she said?

I watch them as they pass, looking like a happy couple.  I can't believe my eyes. Did her words mean nothing?

Later I was at my locker getting the last of my things when the bastard walks up to me. He stands tall in front of me, radiating cockiness.

"Hey, you're Logan right?"

I forcefully nod at him. God I can't stand this bitch.

"Yea so I just wanted to say I know you and my girl had some weird thing? But I'm asking you respectfully to stay away." He demands with a cool tone.

Yea this bitch is going to get it.

"Your...girl?" I ask instead.

"I know you've heard the rumors by now but yeah. Me and Paige are dating."

"Oh, cool." I say with a tight smile.

"So are we good?" He persists with a raised brow.

"Yeah man, you don't have to worry about me." I said, my voice flat. I slam my locker shut and walk away quickly.

Why is she dating him? I thought she liked me?

Once I got home I undressed and sat at my desk. I was scrolling through my phone and found one of those cute couple pages.
I smiled when I saw my friend Lincoln and his girlfriend Jasmine on it. That smile completely shattered when I saw them. His crappy ass smile right next to her angelic face.
I wished for nothing more then for that to be me with her in that picture.

I threw my phone in anger and ran my fingers through my hair. I get out of my chair and begin to pace across my bedroom floor.

Of course I fall for a girl just for her to go and fucking date someone else.

I felt so stupid for believing her words. For smiling at her whenever I saw her. For wanting her when I know I shouldn't of.

Why is it always me that gets played? Why can't a girl just like me?

Why can't I be loved?