CH 33: "TEARS"

Valentina White POV

"Can I ask something?" I looked toward River and nodded.

I had asked River to come with me to my house after Sam and Stella's engagement to talk.

Currently, we were sitting on one of the beach chairs beside each other, on my private beach.

Safe to say my heart was racing like a bullet train, I had no idea what to say.

"I remembered something else..."

I looked at her expression she was smiling slightly.

Good! At least nothing bad.

"What?" I asked softly.

"I think it was before we started dating...I ate 10 packets of your chips." I laughed remembering that day.

"Yes, Yes. You have always been my chips stealer!" I said with a teasing smile.

She chuckled.

"You look beautiful while smiling by the way. You should smile more often."

I blushed and shook my head before looking back at her.

"Thanks."

"I remembered a few more things by the way..."

I smiled as I looked at her.

"And what those might be?"

She smirked.

"The end of our first date..."

Oh!

"Me convincing you to go to your reunion..."

OH!

"Our night after the reunion..."

OH, GOD!

I am sure my face is red like a tomato right now.

"I...uh...ok...I...good..." I stammered over my words making her chuckle.

"You don't have to say anything." She said with a smile.

I cleared my throat.

"Thanks."

It must have been 5 comfortable minutes before I decided to break it.

"Do you want to know about Alexander? And how everything happened to you?"

She looks at me but I keep looking forward.

"If you want."

I took a deep breath as I tried to hold back the tears.

I told everything that happened with Martin in the past and surprisingly held myself together.

"It had been 8 years so I didn't think he would be back in my life but then he sent a text that he was coming for his revenge. That's when we hired you as my bodyguard. Everything was going well with just a few threatening messages from him and from your sources you were also keeping an eye on him. The next day after the reunion I decided to tell my friends everything that happened, so I went out to get some food knowing I would be safe with my friends. But...But we didn't expect him to go after you instead of me. He...he got your car crashed before...before kidnapping you...the-then....wh-when you tried escape-escaping...you..." I couldn't stop my tears anymore.

My tears flowed freely as I furiously wiped my cheek trying to stop them but failing. That's when I felt River's arms around me as she made me sit on her lap and hugged me tightly.