CH 16: "DATE NIGHT!"

Valentina White POV

Today has been a blast! I was nervous about this date but River made sure to slay all my worries. The bowling alley was amazing! I didn't realize how much missed it. Now, River is taking me to the second portion of our date. I am so excited to see what she has planned.

River finally stops her bike at the top of the only mountain in the city, Frost Hill. Truth be told it's my first time here at night or ever...and I have to say the city from up here looks breathtakingly beautiful!

"Do you like it?" She asks making me look at her.

"It's beautiful from up here! And here I thought the city looked great from my office."

She chuckled.

"I am glad you like it! Now let's have dinner!" She says as we both walked toward the little setup she has arranged for us.

A blanket with a basket near it. Simple yet with this view beautiful.

We both sat down and she then started to take out the food.

"Wine?" She asks.

"Sure." She nods and pours it into two glasses handing one to me.

"To a beautiful night!" She toasts as we clink our glasses together.

I loved the silence.

It wasn't awkward or uncomfortable or we lacked topics to talk about. No. It was because we are comfortable around each other, we are confident enough to know that even if we weren't talking we knew that we are enjoying the silence.

The cool breeze blowing, the city shining with lights, the soft sound of us eating, the distant sound of horns blowing. It was peaceful.

I sighed softly as I laid my head on her shoulder and she wrapped her arm around me.

"It's a perfect date..." I say softly.

"It's more perfect because it's with you..."

I chuckle softly.

"Don't ruin it!"

"Sorry!"

"Can I ask you something, Val?" She asks.

I hum a yes.

It felt nice hearing her call me by my name.

"You don't have to answer if you don't want to!"

I have a feeling what's it about but let's see...

"It's fine, go ahead!"

"Do you think I should confront my ex-girlfriend for intentionally fake drunk dialing me?"

I am on a date with a weirdo!

"You are asking for advice from me, for your ex-girlfriend on our date?" I say with fake anger.

"Should I haven't? I kind of thought it would be weird but then I thought it will be since you already call me weird but then I started thinking if it's a bad thing? I don't know...but THEN I thought that if I explain the situation then you would give me good advice, now I realize-'

I cut her off with a long peck on her lips.

Before she could do something more, I pulled back.

"Shut up and give me more context for the advice!" I say before laying my head back on her shoulder.

"Okkk...so her name is Julie I was with her for a year and then I found out she cheated on me with some idiot, so of course, I dumped her in a second but then the night of the gala she called me and acted like she was drunk, telling me she misses me and wants to have a second chance. The next morning I checked and her number was still blocked so either she intentionally did that or she just happens to remember my number when she is drunk!" She completed with a huff.