CH 23: "FRIENDS"

Valentina White POV

I groaned when I felt River shuffle behind me.

"Stop moving..." I grumbled, sleepily.

"Sorry, but it's 10 am...we should get up." I groaned as I opened my eyes.

"I hate you..." I said as I rolled off her and sat up on the bed.

She chuckled.

"No, you don't! Now, come on let's get ready. I will bring our bags here." She says before walking out of the room.

I leaned against the headboard and closed my eyes.

Why the hell am I so tired this time!?

"Val, wake up!" She shouted making me snap my eyes open.

"Come on, sleepyhead." She said before I groaned and followed her to the shower.

After getting ready we walked downstairs hearing the idiots ringing the bell continuously like idiots.

"Seriously guys!?" I shout as I open the gate.

They just grin like idiots and come in with food in their hands.

I swear to go if they didn't have food I would NOT have opened the door.

We all sit down around the dining table and start the brunch with small talk.

I am dreading the moment they start asking the heavy questions.

"So, Val wanna fill us in on why you didn't contact us for 8 years!?" You can always count on Audrey to ask the heavy questions.

Of course, when we ask them she becomes a sputtering fool.

I take a deep breath.

"Can we not do this, please? I promise I will tell you just not now..." They all nod and change the topic.

They know when I use 'Promise' and 'Please' in the same sentence I am serious and have a damn good reason.

Plus, I know the second I tell them everything they become the angry, protective, loving, and caring fools they are...

I think the only reason I was able to push them away and not Sam is that...well dad contacted her after he saved me, while I was unconscious.

If I was conscious I would have never let him do that...I don't think I would have ever let him do everything he did for me.

I shake my head and focus on the ongoing conversation.

"So, Lia who were you meeting last night?" Jordan asked with a teasing tone.

She blushed.

SHE BLUSHED!?

"Did you just freaking blush!?" I exclaim shocked.

"What's so unusual about that?" Stella asked confused.

"Babe, we have known her since high school and some of us even longer. And trust she does NOT blush! Not even when our principal walked in on her fucking HIS daughter in HIS office!" Stella burst out laughing and Jones started smirking.

"Why are the hell are you laughing and you smirking?" Ben asked.

"Because Riv got caught doing the same!" She said when she stopped laughing.

Lia chuckled.

"Nice! Why were you banging her?"

She chuckled this time.

"She was my girlfriend and we were both drunk and she was mad at her dad for not being biased toward her. You?"

"She was 'apparently' straight..." Lia said.