WHERE YOU COME FROM: CHAPTER 6

The following morning after a day of hanging out, Neath and Galivinth await Galelith's arrival outside. Within just a little over five minutes, their ride arrives. However, it's not the steam blowing bus they've rode on since the start of this arrangement that shows up this time. It's that ebony old timely car his father showed up with the first time they met, which lands from a descending flight. And without delay, the two adolescents move to enter the backseat of the vehicle.

"Good morning, you two." Galelith greets before advancing the car forward to take his usual method of exiting the neighborhood.

"Morning." Naeth responds.

"Morning, Dad. What happened to the bus?" Galivinth greets in turn before following up with a question.

"Nothing in particular. It was a prototype side project for something far more ambitious, is all. I learned what I needed to from it." Galelith answers.

"Oh. You're making a better bus?"

"No. A flying city, actually."

"A flying city?" Galivinth repeats, brows furrowing with skepticism.

"Yes."

"A city.... That flies?"

"That's definitely what I'm aiming to build." Galelith stoically responds.

"How?"

"With science and my vast knowledge of engineering. The foundation is dated, but the bus was my reassurance that it can indeed be done very effectively."

"Why are you building something like that?"

"It's a task I was assigned to follow through with. It was a proposal I made years ago in hopes of uprooting from the land we occupy despite US and Canadian governments' protest. For self-sustainability, we couldn't oblige them initially. But maybe in the next ten or so years, we can entertain the request without issue. But regardless, it's not ultimately up to me. It may just end up serving as an additional asset rather than a place to migrate to." Galelith answers honestly.

"Oh. I see... sounds complicated under the surface."

"It all comes down to a matter of perspective, but I understand where you're coming from." With that response from Galelith, silence overtakes the atmosphere. Just until Neath lightly nudges Galivinth with an elbow, and gestures toward Galelith with a tilt of his head. Assuming his relative would catch the hint.

"Oh! Right, right. Uhh, dad?" Galivinth calls out.

"Yes, Galivinth?"

"I.... There's this thing... There's something I need to tell you." The teen struggles expressing his thoughts and ends up stalling a bit.

"I'm listening intently as I possibly can, son. Tell me whatever is on your mind."

"...You might go to jail if I lose a game of Conquest Bout against the King." Galivinth finally gets those words out, wearing guilt upon his features as he does.

"I'm aware of that stipulation in your wager with the king."

"You are?" Galivinth questions while arching a brow.

"Yes, I am. He told me about it directly. A... rather unfortunate predicament, yet also an amusing one." The elder responds, grinning a tad.

"Amusing? Dad, you could end up in a cell because of me! I didn't want to take the wager, but he said... that he'd execute you if I didn't..."

"Then I'm glad that you agreed to the wager. Truth be told, I was sure you wouldn't put my life on the line if you didn't have any other choice."

"You're taking this way too casually... You can tell me if you're angry. It'd be totally understandable if you're upset." Galivinth assures.