WHERE YOU COME FROM: CHAPTER 3

{Vague visual representation of Galivinth (Left) & Naeth (Right) above

{Vague visual representation of Galivinth (Left) & Naeth (Right) above. Disclaimer: I do NOT own the artwork.}

Night comes and goes, giving way to the passage of an ascending sun and its fresh morning. At this time, Galivinth is laying sound asleep in bed. Unaware of the surprise presently climbing up the side of the apartment building where his bedroom window could be found. With immaculate timing, knocking strikes at the glass exactly when the teen's digital clock hits 8:00am. 

Yet, Galivinth didn't even fidget in his sleep. Another knock shortly follows up, one much louder than the previous attempt.
Still, the male sleeps in absolute peace. The unannounced visitor arches a brow at how much of a heavy sleeper Galivinth is, though is far from conceding. With the bottom of a fisted hand, the individual bangs on the window several times with enough force to cause the entire frame to quake.

Yet, it also proves to be ineffective. The one viewing in from outside blinks with dumbfounded awe. 

"He's in a much deeper slumber than I though--"

"Who-What!?"

"UT-!?" THUD!!!

Before the individual could finish his thought, Galivinth snaps awake and shoots up like a bullet, looking to his left and right for the source of disturbance. In that same instance, the person at his window was startled and had lost their grip, falling with a harsh sound of a body meeting concrete ground with a resounding echo.

"Was.. Was that somebody outside?" Concerned, Galivinth hustles out of bed and over to his window, unlocking and lifting it to stick his head out for a look. Immediately noticing someone getting up from the ground while patting their clothes down.

"Dude, are you okay!? Was that you just now?" The young man asks, catching the individual's attention upon doing so. The masculine figure looks up at him, and Galivinth's eyes widen with disbelief. It was Naeth, the guy from the previous day.

"Yes, absolutely. You caught me off guard and I lost my footing, is all." The other responds with a carefree tone, resuming brushing his attire off until he's satisfied.

"You just fell from two stories... You sure? I can get you a ride to the hospital or something." Galivinth offers.

"I am one hundred percent sure. Didn't feel a thing, honestly! I'm not some fragile being, you kno-" Naeth pauses entirely, promptly turning his attention up toward Galivinth with a contemplative frown.

"You are aware of our biological differences, right?"

"I... Y-yeah. Yeah, I know. It's been ingrained into my mind since leaving that city."

"Ah, good! Then don't be too concerned about my well-being. I'm far, far more durable than any human, and very likely twice more resilient than you."

"Uh huh." Galivinth responds dryly.