XXVII | Envy; part²

Start from the beginning

Ladybug's yoyo wrapped around Envy's wrist, yanking her away from you. You grabbed Adrien again, allowing Ladybug to take the lead with Envy. The two fought, ending up on the other side of the court.

You put your hands on Adrien's shoulders forcing him to face your direction. "Adrien," you paused, not knowing if talking to him would do any good. "It's okay, Adrien. Whatever you're feeling, it's not your fault. You aren't alone, and I don't want you to feel that way. I care about you, all of your friends care about you. I'm your best friend, and I'll always be here for you." you noticed a different look in Adrien's eyes, one that was actually Adrien.

Adrien pulled back, almost collapsing on the ground. You caught him just in time. The golden tears sunk into his skin, no longer in sight. Not even a second later, Adrien gasped dramatically, sitting up from your arms. He was back to himself, he was Adrien again.

Ladybug yelled out to you. "Look out!" you blocked Envy's hit. Adrien ran away from you two, allowing you to fight without him being in the way. You heard Envy's whines, and your thoughts slowly got swallowed by hers. You quickly took out your staff, extending it into her chest. You relaxed, gaining all your thoughts again. "Now would be a good time for your lucky charm, M'lady!"

"You're right! Lucky charm!" Ladybug yelled, you looked at her seeing a roll of duct tape fall in her hands. She looked up, eyeing the area to find a use for it. Her eyes widen, then she shrugs. "Plain and simple" you heard her say.

She put the roll of tape by her side, getting ready for Envy to come at her again. You ran up to her, giving her a look as to tell you what the plan is. "Since she wants to make people miserable with her whining, we've just gotta shut her up."

You heard a different whining from behind you. In an instant, you'd been taken over by the miserable feeling of loneliness and sorrow. You felt completely empty. No thoughts. No motivation. Your vision was slightly blurred, and you felt a burning sensation on your cheeks. You looked over, seeing Adrien with the same look.

"Catwoman!" you heard Ladybug say panically. "I thought I helped, but I only made it worse." you spoke. "No, no you didn't, Catwoman, I promise you didn't."

You heard a faint voice in your head. "Come to me. We'll be happy together." It said.

You brushed Ladybug's hand off of you, naturally making your way towards Envy. "No!" Ladybug yelled, trying to get you to stop.

Envy had her hands out, as if waiting for you to offer something. "Give me your hand." The voice in your head told you. You gentle set your ringed hand on Envy's. She set one of her hands on yours, beginning to take the ring of your finger. You felt weak.

You tripped over your own feet, feeling your feet tried together. Envy cried, watching you get dragged away from her.

"Oh, be quiet!" Ladybug shouted, getting a running start to slap the torn off piece of tape on Envy's face. She made sure it was quick, and stuck on there good. Envy hummed, trying to take the tape off from her lips.

"Say cataclysm." You heard someone whisper. Confused, you hesitantly said it.

You felt someone guide you, looking up you see Ladybug, with a small slightly worried smile on her face. She led you to Envy, who sat silently crying defeated. Ladybug pressed your hand on the crown on Envy's forehead, watching the evil akuma fly out. "No more evil doing for you, little akuma. Time to de-evilise! Gocha! Bye-bye, little butterfly! Miraculous Ladybug!"

You gained your full vision back, and all your genuine feelings with it. You smiled, pulling Ladybug in for a hug.

You stepped away from Ladybug hearing her earrings beep. "I'll see you next time, M'lady." You winked.

Ladybug laughed. "You too, kitty."

"Pound it!" You both fist bump before Ladybug takes off on her yoyo.

You side eyed the confused girl beside you. "Is there somewhere I can take you?" You asked with your hands on your hips.

She fiddled with the headband in her lap, looking down then scratched the back of her neck. "Uhh, no, actually, I don't really have a place to stay." She looked away embarrassed.

You grabbed her hand pulling her up to you, and extending your staff away from the school. "Well, I can't just leave you at the school." You told her.

"I have something to say though. It's important." You hummed, mostly ignoring the girl. "It has something to do with Hawk Moth."

. . . - 🐾

Here you are, standing in a dusty, no-life, empty store, with Adrien's sister, who claims to have information on Hawk Moth. It was now hours after the first encounter and you agreed to meet up at this abandoned building. You were hesitant at first, not knowing whether to trust her or not.

She started off by sighing. "Okay, first, I want to introduce myself. My name is Cecilia, Cecilia Agreste." Cecilia paused, taking a deep breath.

"I'm the first born of Emily and Gabriel Agreste. They gave me away when I was four, and Adrien was just one. I don't know why they did it, but they did. I grew up seeing Adrien everywhere. Seeing how happy and taken care of he was. It made me angry. It wasn't fair that Adrien got this royal treatment meanwhile I was thrown away like trash. Was I not good enough? How come I had to live my life going home to home while Adrien got to spend time with my family." Tears began to fall from Cecilia's eyes.

"It should've been me. I was their pride and joy until he was born. I was so jealous of him. He had everything I ever wanted and more. I hated him. I know it's not his fault, he doesn't even know I exist, and that's the worse part. They completely erased me from their lives like I was nothing. Like I meant nothing. Even though I know it's not Adrien's fault I still despise him, and there will always be a small part of me that will." Cecilia paused once again, trying to catch her breath. She let out a sigh, as if recollecting herself.

"Anyways, I was stalking Adrien, trying to get to know him from afar. I don't do it anymore, I couldn't find anything out anyway. But there was one time when I was around the Agreste house, I snuck into their property through the gates. And when I peaked through one of the windows I saw Gabriel. He pressed some button on his desk and suddenly the floor lowered like an elevator going to the basement. He was so weird about it though, and a few minutes after he went down, someone was akumatized. When the battle was over and Ladybug purified the akuma, he came back up, but he looked distressed. If Gabriel can just exile his own daughter, then he must be able to do more sinister things. I know you still hardly know me, and probably don't really trust me either, but if anyone is Hawk Moth, I believe it's Gabriel Agreste."