XXVII | Envy; part²

Start from the beginning

"Adrien," she called, her voice sounded sweet and elegant. "I want to talk to you, Adrien." She stated, walking closer towards you and Adrien. She wasn't paying attention to anyone else around the area, so it was obvious she wanted Adrien, and only Adrien. "There's something important you should know."

You grabbed Adrien's wrist pulling him in the locker room. You looked around to find an open locker and shoved Adrien inside. "Don't move." You told him. After that, you ran in the girls bathroom to transform.

"Plagg, claws out!" You jumped out of the bathroom, seconds later, Ladybug entered through the locker room window. The girl calmly opened the door, eyeing both you and Ladybug.

"What are you doing?" Ladybug got in a fighting position, ready to attack the girl.

"I'm looking for Adrien. Do you know where he's at?" She asked.

You laughed. "No, and even if we did we wouldn't tell you!"

You were closer to the girl than Ladybug. Ladybug stayed at least ten feet away, while you were only four. Tears started falling from the girl's eyes, and she let out little sniffing and whimpering sounds.

An overwhelming feeling of sympathy came over you. It was as if you were on instinct to walk into her and comfort her. You felt Ladybug's yoyo wrap around your waist, pulling you back from the girl. "It's not fair." Envy spoke, her once sweet and innocent voice becoming more aggressive.

"Her crying makes people sympathize with her. It's her luring tactic." You told Ladybug. "It was like something came over me when she started crying. I felt the need to comfort her."

"Our attacks have to be further away then." Ladybug noted. You both turned, expecting to see Envy, but she was gone. You heard a screeching sound echo throughout the locker room. Adrien walked from around the corner with the same clear white eyes and golden tears on his face as Envy. he looked miserable. "I'm sorry," he apologized.

"Adrien?" Ladybug called, but Adrien looked lost. His lips formed a small frown, and his eyebrows were knitted together. He looked miserable.

You ran up to Adrien putting both your hands on his shoulders trying to shake the emotion off of him. Envy jumped behind him, startling you. You quickly backed up against Ladybug, sure not to get lured in by Envy again. Envy opened her mouth slightly, pushing Adrien out the way. "I want Adrien to suffer like I did. I want him to know what it feels like to be alone." Envy reached her arm out towards you.

You jumped out the locker room window barely missing Envy's grasp. You went in a circle jumping on the school roof. Ladybug landed beside you, having a thinking look on her face. "When Adrien got tainted by Envy's powers, he didn't cry or anything. So her powers must only make people feel alone, they can't transfer to her victims."

You took a moment to acknowledge what Ladybug said before nodding. "We should get Adrien." You insisted. 

Ladybug nodded. "Right."

You noticed the bright white figure walking out from the locker room. Everyone had already left the area, running into the classroom nearest to them, all but Alya, of course. Envy stopped in the middle of the court, looking up at you and Ladybug. You took the opportunity to jump off the roof, right in front of her. Ladybug landed on the other side of her, pulling her attention away from you. You snatched Adrien from her loose grasp, putting him behind you like a scared child.

Envy gasped and growled going in to attack you. You held onto Adrien's wrist making sure Envy couldn't get him back. "Ladybug!" you yelled to her, pushing Adrien towards her. Tears fell from Envy's eyes as she struck a hit on you; yet while so, you didn't feel the urge to comfort her like you did last time. It must be her whining that lures people.