Ten.

“Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get – only with what you are expecting to give – which is everything.” – Katharine Hepburn

“Get up! Get up! My best friend is coming today!”

“Don’t touch me.”

“She’s not your best friend! She’s my best friend!”

“Stop talking about Katharine like she’s your best friend.”

“Excuse me, she is my best friend.”

“We’ll let her choose who her best friend is.”

“I'm pretty sure I'm her best friend.”

“Uh, because you're her mom. That doesn’t count.”

“Get over it.”

“Did you fart? Come on. I'm telling Katharine on you.”

“I don’t know how people deal with you.”

“You know what, we pay you.”

“The label pays him.”

“Do you have to weaken our argument?”

“What argument?”

“I need to get off this damn bus.”

“Are the guys in Pierce the Veil going to meet her?” The question causes everyone to stop talking, all eyes are on me, the noises cease, and I can feel my heartbeat in my throat, I haven’t thought about it, not at all. They all know, I'm not sure if I like that, but they do, it’s been a while since they’ve known, about two and a half weeks. I've shown them every picture I have of her on my phone at least five times, they ask about her, it’s sweet, I really think so, very sweet, it’s nice to know that they're not judging me, at least not that I know of.

Shrugging my shoulders, I run a hand through my hair, swallowing hard, the lump in my throat not going away. “I don’t know.” I know, it’s not the answer they were looking for, they want an answer, they want me to know what I'm going to do, but this isn't easy, it’s not a, I don’t know. Meeting Katharine, that’s huge, to me, it’s one thing that I don’t let happen, it’s not that, I just, she’s so pure and innocent and she’s mine, I need her, and sharing her, it’s scary.

I can’t wait to see her. Talking to her just doesn’t suffice, it’s not enough, I need my baby girl, and I hate hearing her voice crack over the phone and her swallow hard to make sure she doesn’t cry because she knows that it makes me sad. Every single night, she tells me all about her day, and I wish I was there, I really do, but I love this, as much as I hate leaving, I love touring and meeting people and playing shows.

“I think that they want to meet her. You and Vic have gotten closer. The two of you have been hanging out a lot.” John notices everything, every single little thing, all the healing scars on fans’ wrists, all the details on the posters, it’s his specialty, and I didn’t realize that he was picking up on the fact that Vic and I have been spending time together. We’ve been together a lot, for lunch, before the shows, just hanging out, talking, he asks about her a lot, he seems genuinely interested, it’s sweet, and he listens, always listens, and he tells the most interesting and funny stories.

There’s always something that holds me back from letting Katharine meet other people. It’s probably just letting people know, I don’t want her in pictures that end up on social networking sites, I don’t want her talked about, I don’t want her brought up in interviews or anything, it’s no one’s business. “I’ll think about it.” I don’t really have much time to think about it. She’s coming soon, with Bailey, all the way from California to New York, and I'm terrified that she’s on a plane, because nothing can go wrong, I can’t live without her.

Bailey would never let anything bad happen to her, I know that; it’s the not knowing and not being there with her that scares me. The fear of the unknown is the fear of the world.

“What would you do if she actually met them? Would you let them go out with you and her to the places where you wanted to take her to?” We’re here for a few days, doing a few press things, well, the guys are, I don’t involve myself in that, interviews are stupid, pointless, I don’t like them. I decided to fly Katharine and Bailey down, let Katharine say that she’s been to New York City, let her go to all the girly places around, she deserves it, she’s so good, she’s so sweet.

“I think I would let Vic.”