Five.

Author's Note:
I know that this isn't the best. I get that. But, don't stop reading because the cute stuff that's going to happen and the drama that's going to happen is going to be AMAZING, that I promise.

“You have to accept whatever comes and the only important thing is that you meet it with courage and with the best that you have to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

Raising an eyebrow, I tilt my head to the side, not knowing what to say, wanting to say something, anything, I should say something, it would only make sense to say something, to respond, I know what I want to say, but I can’t find the words. I don’t know how they know this, how they know that I sing, that I can sing, I really only sing when Katharine is around, and then it’s all the songs that she likes, I'm not, I'm not a singer, that’s why I'm a drummer, it makes sense, I just don’t know how to say it without coming off rude, I don’t want to be rude, it’s a long tour, almost three months, we’re hitting a lot of cities, some more than once.

He bites down on his lower lip, waiting for my answer, I don’t know why though, I don’t want to do this, I can’t do it, I don’t go on stage to sing, that was never my intention and it will never be my intention. My confidence level isn't high enough for me to get on stage and hold onto a microphone and sing like that, I don’t, that song is so beautiful, I’ll only ruin it and he doesn’t seem to get that, he doesn’t seem to realize that it’s more than just me singing, it’s me getting up and singing  a song that’s changed people’s lives; I'm much more comfortable sitting on my stool and banging on the drums to a song that’s changed someone’s life, in the background.

“I, I don’t sing.” It’s the only thing that I can think of to say, the only excuse that my mind comes up with, possibly a lame one, but nonetheless it’s an excuse, I know that I can sing, I'm well aware of my ability to, but I just don’t want to, I would hate to. There, I get that I'm the only girl on the tour, I understand that, and the fact that I can sing, which I don’t know how he found out about that, all he has to do is pick a girl from the audience and let her sing with him, he’d make her life, best memory she would ever have; what girl doesn’t fantasize about having Vic Fuentes sing to them or be able to sing with him?

I, he, I don’t know, he’s attractive, he has really nice arms, muscular, they look like they’re amazing at giving hugs, what, I shouldn’t, I can’t think like this, about any of this, how his eyes are such a pretty brown color, so warm, I, it’s harder, as a mother, I can’t just date. I can’t just get involved with a guy and waste time dating him and get nothing out of it in the long run, that’s not fair to Katharine, that’s not fair to me, I need more, and I need someone who realizes that I need more, and it’s, it’s not a singer I met because we’re touring together, that’s not my love story, I doubt I'm going to have a love story.

Crossing his arms over his chest, he leans back against the couch, it’s only two hours until the doors open, I don’t understand why he’s asking me now, it’s not fair, he’s putting me in such an uncomfortable situation. “I know you can sing.” Opening my mouth to say something, anything, I don’t get how he knows this, I find myself knitting my eyebrows together, trying to show him that I'm confused, that I want an explanation, that’s all I want, an explanation, because he knows that I'm going to agree, they’ll have no one, and I'm not going to be the reason they can’t perform the song. “Some people told me to ask you. They said that you can sing.”

“Who did you ask? Wait, why, why do you care?” This, this whole thing, it’s weird, I don’t know who has heard me sing, not many people, I just, none of this makes sense, it’s so stressful thinking about all of this, trying to piece things together, how he found out, why he wants me to sing with him, we don’t know each other, that’s not a song you sing with a stranger. “Whatever, I’ll sing it. I’ll go learn it now.” There’s no point in staying here any longer, I don’t like the fact that he’s asking around about me, he, I don’t know what he’s trying to accomplish, it just doesn’t make sense, it’s weird, and I'm not in the mood to deal with this on top of being away from my daughter.

Fingers wrap around my wrist, strong, long fingers, and I gasp, feeling tingles shoot up my arm, this isn't okay, I'm twenty six years old, there’s no reason for this to happen to me, it’s crap. If tour wasn’t already awkward since he saw me cry, it’s now awkward because I know what these little things mean, I'm not completely cut off from my emotions, I know what I feel, I just don’t like acting on those feelings most of the time, and these aren’t an exception to that. “Why does it matter who I asked? Who said I care? What if I just want a female singer to sing the song with me?”

Oh.

Shrugging my shoulders, I tug at my hand, pulling it closer to my body, watching as his arm extends and moves with mine, not letting his grip loosen, not even slightly. “If you want me to sing with you, you have to let me go so I can learn and practice the song. Next time, tell Kyle to speak for himself and only himself.”