Chapter 31

Diego's POV:

"What are you doing dressed like that?"

Caden looked at me and then slowly looked down at his clothes before asking, "What's wrong?"

"The parents ended up deciding to go out for dinner. Out. As in, fancy restaurant. Try to look as if you tried just a little."

He groaned loudly and stomped back into his room, slamming the door shut which caused me to yell at him to close it softly. His response was to open the door again and shut it hard. Of course, I just had to open the door and close it softly to show him how it was done. I walked back into my room to grab my phone, wallet, jacket, and to view my appearance one last time. It's been a while since I've had to dress up but it felt good in a way. Hector whined when I told him he couldn't come but his main reason for sadness was because he wouldn't see me dressed up. It was hard to convince him to stay home and not come over just to see me get ready. Thinking of him always caused me to blush and I think Caden gets the wrong idea. Hector has the ability to make me blush over the tiniest things, even when he just whispers 'hello' into my ear. Caden always gives me a look of suspicion and gives Hector warning eyes. I don't think he notices that his look gives off a brotherly warning to Hector to keep his hands to himself.

"Okay, mom, how do I look now?"

I rolled my eyes but turned around to see Caden standing at my door entrance. He had put on a navy button-up shirt with black jeans. I was surprised to see he wasn't wearing his old and used-up converse but rather a new pair. The white of the shoes stood out making his outfit look even more fresh and new. The only thing that threw the whole thing off was his hair.

"Did you only run your hand through your hair once and thought that was enough?"

He looked off to the side and mumbled a quiet 'no' which practically gave him away. One look from me made him groan like a child once again and stomp into the bathroom to fix his hair. He was such a child sometimes. But. . . it felt nice. It really did feel like he was an older sibling and I'm sure we brought each other comfort knowing that we were there for each other now. It was funny to think that I used to have imaginary scenarios where I'd kill him.

"Guys! Let's go! Hungry pregnant woman in the car that's ready to run us over and leave to eat if we don't go now!"

"Coming!" I yelled and quickly walked out of the room, grabbing Caden by the shirt to follow along despite his protests.

"Okay, okay! I can walk," he whined and got out of my hold, dragging his feet to the car.

Daniel shook his head at his son and locked the house, following us to the car after where my mom was excitedly waving at us. We got in the car and she immediately began telling us how excited she was and how happy she felt that we were going to spend some quality time. Caden stared out the window but we all knew he was secretly paying attention. He still got embarrased at the idea of family time but everyone could tell that he enjoyed and loved the moments we have. 

"Okay guys! Let's go, momma is starving."

"Listen to the pregnant lady, guys," Daniel mumbled and got out the car, Caden and I following after them.

Daniel locked the car and followed after my mother who was yelling at us to hurry up. It's safe to say that her yelling made Caden and I walk a big faster. We walked into the building where a host automatically greeted us with a smile and led us to our table. He was a handsome man who looked older but not too old. He seemed to be in his early twenties and seemed mature enough to greet all customers the same even if they were rude to him from the beginning.

"A waiter will be with you shortly, here are your menus and please enjoy."

"Thank you," Daniel politely said and passed around the menus. "Alright everyone, pick something good and pick it fast."