Chapter 20

Caden's POV:

"Come on, Maxie," I whined and grabbed his hand again, pulling him against me.

"Caden, behave yourself. I can't, I already told you in first period. If I don't agree to a bible study with my mom soon then that means I'll be forced and she won't let me out for a couple nights. So, its either you let me go tonight or for a couple nights."

"Yeah right, you're probably meeting with other dudes huh?"

"That's another reason why I'll be busy tonight. I didn't want to tell you so it wouldn't hurt your feelings," he shot back and patted me on the back. "But seriously, man up. I need to go with my mom."

"So what am I supposed to do?"

"Go home, do your homework, and spend time with your dad. Knowing you, you haven't been spending any time with him, not even an hour."

"Don't lecture me, princess. I do what I want."

"Go and spend time with your dad," he warned and opened the classroom door, looking both ways before motioning for me to come out with him. "You better spend time with him tonight. I'm not afraid to ask him and you know it. Actually, on your way back home you can also buy Diego's mom some flowers."

I groaned out loud and began to dramatically drag my feet on the floor. I could tell I was annoying Max but that was the fun part. Teasing him to the point of annoyance is what I live for. His reactions were always fun even though sometimes he does yell at me. When he tells at me then I just feel like a kid.

"How much longer until lunch?"

"Like ten minutes so I need to get to class. You do too! You came out for the bathroom and instead kidnapped me into that classroom. Your teacher definitely knows you weren't in the bathroom now."

"It's okay, we have a substitute in that class. Something about half of the teachers in a conference. But anyways, I'll see you at lunch then?"

"Yes, now go away!"

He shoved me towards my classroom and quickly made his way to his own classroom. It really was a coincidence that I saw him out in the hall. His teacher sent him to get copies from the office and I saw him on his way back. I couldn't miss the opportunity. The only difference is that he's going back to the classroom with swollen lips. . . yeah he'll be fine. He might kill me later but that's fine. As long as its from his hands. I couldn't believe how much has changed. Two months ago, I became the enemy. Now, I was back to having him in my arms and having him begging at my touch. Fuck, an image of him begging. . .  

"Nice of you to join us again, Caden. You were gone for fifteen minutes. I'm sure it doesn't take that long to go to the bathroom."

"Sorry, Teach, the closest one was closed. Smelled too much like smoke," I chuckled and sat back down on my chair, other kids chuckling along with me. "I didn't want my lungs to fill up with that bad stuff. Unless you're saying education is more important than my health?"

"That's enough, let's continue. Your papers are due next week and today's homework starts off on page 347. Your teacher was very clear that you are to work on your papers tonight because she will check them tomorrow to make sure you started them. Please pack up now, class is about to end."

I practically shoved everyone out of my way when the bell for lunch rang. I was quick to navigate through the busy halls and dodged the kids that performed parkour tricks just to get to the lunch line. Crazy motherfuckers almost take me down with them each time. It didn't take long for me to get in the lunch line since my class was close to the cafeteria and within another minute I was sitting at my usual lunch table. I was debating on whether or not to sit in the table that Max and them sit down but I wasn't sure if I was exactly allowed to. We hung out this weekend but it was never confirmed on where we stood with each other now.