Chapter 27

Caden's POV:

"I'm trying to focus!" Max whined and put his book down.

"I need your attention," I chuckled and went in to kiss his cheek again.

"You're so needy," he complained but moved the book away and turned to me. 

We were out in the field in the far corner away from the other students. We never really discussed if we were out and open about our relationship but I think we were both in the mindset that we just don't give a fuck. We were away from the other students to have privacy more than to hide. I was quite surprised really, considering Max's mother and her strong beliefs. Yet, he wasn't scared to admit we were dating. 

"Caden, you should really be using this time to study too. Your grades may have improved but they are still worse than mine."

"It's not my fault," I said and grabbed him so he straddled my lap to which he rolled his eyes but still hung his arms loosely on my shoulders. "Be my teacher."

"Kinky," he chuckled and ran a hand through my hair, gently grabbing a fistful and bringing me in close. "When should your first lesson begin?"

"Right now," I mumbled and leaned in more but groaned when he pulled back with a laugh.

"Don't be so dirty at school."

"So I can only be dirty at your house?" I asked with a smirk. "Or in your car, my room, or even the park?"

He gasped and smacked my shoulder while exclaiming, "We said we'd never talk about that! It was one time!"

"Careful, teach. You don't want other students hearing you and your dirty adventures."

"Just for that, you can forget about any lessons."

"Aw, come on teach!" I whined. "I'm needy! I'm desperate! I need a better grade. Help me get an A!"

"You usually settle for a B," he snorted. "But anyways, what do you think? About Diego and Hector."

I sighed and laid back on the grass, my head laying down on my backpack. Truth is, I was just waiting for it to happen. Do I think it was a good idea? Who am I to say whether it was or wasn't? If Diego felt he was ready then he's ready. He knows himself better than the rest of us and he was a big boy. The last thing he needs is someone telling him what to do or tell him whether it was time to move on or not.

"I think. . . That we make a better couple than them," I said and grabbed his arms to pull him on top of me. "Now let's prove it."

"I'm serious!" He said but still made himself comfortable to lay on my chest. "I'm worried. That's my best friend and cousin. What if they break up?"

"Then you gotta deal with the awkwardness. There's nothing we can do, Maxie. It's their decision. Now, give me the b."

"Stop being nasty!" He laughed and sat up. "Come on, it's a bit of a walk from here to the classrooms so we should start walking now or we'll be late."

"But I didn't get enough attention from you," I sighed but got up, grabbing our bags and helping him stand up. "We should hang after school. I think Charlie is meeting her boyfriend and I'm sure Hector is keeping your best friend busy."

"I think you can come over. My mom shouldn't be home until dinner time and my dad is cool with me having friends over."

"Friends? I'm pretty sure I'm more than your friend."

"Yeah, you're right," he said and stopped our walking to lean up, his lips slightly touching my ear. "We're friends with benefits."

"You just love to get me started," I grumbled while he laughed and grabbed his bag from my hand as we got closer to the other students. "Are we ever going to tell your parents? I don't exactly mind sneaking around your religious house but one day we will get caught."

He shrugged his shoulders while looking around in his backpack for something and said, "I'm fine with anything. You want to tell everyone then go ahead. You don't then that's fine too."

"So you wouldn't mind if I made out with you right here right now?" I asked with a raised eyebrow, knowing full well he wasn't really listening. "What are you looking for?"

"Like I said, I'm fine with anything. Shit, I can't find my phone. It probably fell out of my pocket back there. I need to go back."

"Here, I'll go back. Just take my shit and ask to go to the bathroom fifteen minutes into class so I can give it to you."

"Are you sure?" He asked, looking uncertain, most likely feeling bad about it. "I don't want your dad getting you in trouble for skipping class."

"It'll be fine," I reassured and gave him my stuff. "Just meet me by the bathroom near your classroom so we can swap."

He nodded his head and almost leaned in to kiss me but he remembered where we were and changed his mind. He took my things and continued on while I made the walk back to the far corner of the field. The bell rang as soon as I got there and I sighed seeing how far back I was. Other students that didn't care about class slowly made their way back but I was the last one. One of the staff members stood at the basketball court shaking her head at us while collecting the balls some students left behind. The final bell rang when I was inside but not near the classroom. Many students were either rushing to enter their classrooms or slowly walking to the office for their late pass because they knew it wasn't worth showing up just to be sent back.

"Are you sure you saw them?"

For crying out loud, it was that bitch Sara. I was just behind the corner and could clearly hear her and some girl gossiping. I called it from the beginning, Sara was an asshole. I couldn't stand her, especially since she kept bugging Max. So what he used to have a crush on her, obviously he settled for someone better.

"Sara, I swear. They were all cuddled up and being inappropriate."

"Did you take pictures?"

"This is the school's camera!"

"You should've still taken them!"

The fuck? I thought I didn't see anyone around and there weren't exactly many trees to hide behind in the field since they use the fields for running during PE. How the hell did I not see her? And what was that shit about taking pictures? Damn, I know I'm attractive but calm down.

"Sara, I could get in a lot of trouble by the school if I did!"

"Not just by the school," I said and enjoyed the way Sara jumped and quickly turned around. "Boo."

"Caden, you fucking traitor. I hear you're gay and screwing with that obsessed freak."

"Well, with the way you're so obsessed with his business, I'd say that makes you the freak," I said with a smirk. "The sex is great by the way. You'd know if you'd given him a chance but I guess I can thank you for not actually. The only thing I'd ever thank you on. Don't be mad, no one likes a sore loser."

"Caden, you prick! Wait till the school finds out about you and your nasty pet."

"The only animal I see around here is you. Guess bitch really does stand for female dog. And let the school know, they'll see how lucky I am," I said with a wink and began to walk off. "Now if you'll excuse me, I have an appointment. Gotta earn the B."

I felt satisfaction hearing her annoyed voice call out to me. If she continued any longer then teachers would walk out of their classrooms and get them in trouble. I rounded another corner right when I heard a classroom door open and a teacher began questioning them. The smirk on my face wasn't going to be easy to hide. But Max can make my face change when I get that B or a piece of that A.