Chapter 8

Diego's POV:

As soon as we got there I was beyond happy. Not so much that I was there but that I was able to finally stretch my legs. I shook my head as Max and Caden walked by, arguing like how they used to. At first they argued in the car because Caden needed a bathroom break and wanted another slushy. Then they argued because Charlie had texted us that she was already there and we were still 30 minutes away. Now they were arguing about parking spots and whether or not Max chose a good spot.

"You should've parked in the shade," Caden grumbled.

"Be lucky that I didn't drop you off at the entrance and left you there to walk all the way," Max snapped.

"Well, I'm just glad we are finally here," Hector said with his charming smile as he helped Caden carry the stuff.

Max had tried to carry his own things but Caden grabbed it before Max could. Hector kindly asked me but I politely refused and carried my own things. It wasn't long before we found Charlie and her friend. Rosalie Stan, a well known girl at school but she was nice. She was a beautiful girl and a strong feminist. She had black hair with pale skin, her green eyes darker than the grass.

"Hey guys! It's about time you guys got here," Charlie laughed and helped us put our stuff down.

"We would've been here sooner but someone needed to make another stop."

Charlie raised an eyebrow at Max's comment and Caden's small smirk. She shook her head and turned to Hector and I, ignoring Max and Caden due to them arguing once again. However, now they were arguing about where to put the tents.

"Rosalie and I were thinking of buying some tacos. The closest town is just about fifteen minutes away. We can get the tacos, buy some drinks and stuff, and while we are gone it gives you guys the time to build your tents and settle in. The sun is going to go down soon."

"Yeah, that sounds perfect," Hector said and immediately took out his wallet, handing over some money to split the cost.

The girls took the money and even though we offered for at least one of us to go with them, Rosalie refused and said they could take care of themselves. Hector tried to go with them but Rosalie quite literally almost threatened his life to stay with us. When they were gone, Hector and I immediately began to try and build the three room tent while Caden and Max tried to figure out how to build Caden's tent.

"I think we will finish before they do," Hector said with a chuckle and a glance towards them to see Max glaring at Caden as Caden told him he threw away the instructions. "I think they'll finish by tomorrow."

"Nah, I think they'll manage to build it as soon as we leave to go back home."

Hector laughed and shook his head causing me to grin and chuckle. The atmosphere between us didn't feel awkward anymore and I never really notice how happy I was just being good friends with him. It felt good to laugh and joke around with him in terms of friends. With Victor, we just rushed into it. . . Well at the time I felt it, nevermind that it was all fake on his part. Gosh, I shouldn't be thinking about him right now.

"Now look at what you did!" Max groaned in frustration as Caden chuckled at the mess he did. "Don't laugh! You broke the tent! How do you even break a tent?!"

"That's not going to work anymore. We'll need to share this tent," Hector said, walking over to examine the damage. "Yeah, this thing is dead."

Max huffed and glared at Caden to which he rolled his eyes and put his hands up in defeat. They argued as they took the tent apart and put it aside to throw away later. When they offered to help Hector and I we were quick to politely decline before they broke ours too. It took us an hour to finish and by that time the sun was coming down and we were getting quite worried about Charlie and Rosalie. Max had tried to call but we weren't getting any response. After another hour went by we were getting ready to go and look for them but then we saw a car pull up and park close to our area. Max sighed out loud in relief when Charlie got out with a smile on her face.

"Hey, what happened? You guys were gone for two hours, we were worried!" Max was the first to speak.

"Sorry! We got lost!" Charlie yelled as she grabbed the bags of food from the back seat.

"The place where we got lost had bad reception so we couldnt contact you guys or get gps to start working," Rosalie said, grabbing the bags from Charlie and setting them down on the foldable table they brought.

"Yeah, so we just kept driving until we found a gas station. Luckily there were some teenagers there, they were really nice! We asked them where we were and they were even kind enough to show us where the nearest taco place was."

"So, how far did you guys go?" Max asked, his features still displaying that he was worried.

"So, apparently there's two towns near here! We meant to go to another one but we ended up at a place called Lunaris Town."

"Well the good thing is that you guys made it back safely. Thankfully those people were there for you guys," Hector said and began to pull out the food, arranging the plastic plates full of the tacos on the table so that way we could just reach and grab some.

"Honestly, it was kinda scary. But the girl was really nice and reassured us that we weren't far from the town. Her name is pretty too. Her name was Crystal," Charlie said with a wide smile.

"Thank you, Crystal!" I moaned with my mouth already full with a taco.

What can I say? My love for food never went away. It was just too delicious and the meat tasted amazing. It wasn't over seasoned or underseasoned, it was just right. They chuckled at me and began to eat as well, small talk slowly forming among us. We slowly moved so we were sitting on foldable chairs we brought and we all seemed to be enjoying ourselves. Max and Caden were arguing while trying to put the blame on each other about the broken tent, which amused Charlie and Rosalie. Hector was chuckling at his cousin's angry look and I was enjoying my food. I was content at the moment. I was surrounded by amazing friends who loved me for me.

Honestly, this trip might actually be fun.