Chapter 13

"Hello?"

"I'm in the parking lot, get your ass here now."

I didn't wait for Victor to respond and just hung up the phone. He either comes to me or I go to him. I didn't care that I had to deal with the other guys. I came for him and him only. It took him about ten minutes before I saw him looking around the parking lot. It was the weekend and other families were here so the parking lot was packed with cars. I honked and that immediately caught his attention. He slowly walked over, squinting to see if it really was me. When he saw that it was me and not someone else, he walked over to the passenger side and got in, putting on his seatbelt as I began to drive away.

"I thought we had a meeting tonight, not now?"

I scoffed and rolled my eyes. He's acting like he doesn't know what the fuck he did. I stayed silent and continued to drive. Truth be told, I didn't know where I was driving to. I knew we couldn't go to the diner like we had originally planned because I couldn't promise that I wouldn't make a scene. If anything, I was going to find an abandoned parking lot and park there.

"You look like you're doing good."

I stayed silent.

"Are we not going to talk?"

I still ignored him.

"How is Diego?"

That made me glare at him and pull over to the side. Thankfully there was a park a couple feet away so I technically parked by the sidewalk where it was still legal to park. He chuckled at me, rolling his eyes at my anger. What the fuck was his problem? How dare he even ask that? What type of question is that?

"Are you actually serious?"

"Dead ass."

"How can you ask that fucking question? You and I have no right to even talk about him."

"So then what? Are we gonna talk about your precious Max?"

"Don't even say his damn name. I will beat your ass. Why the fuck did you text him?"

"What are you talking about?"

"He told me! Cut the crap!"

"I didn't fucking text him! God, what would be the point if I did?"

"Show me then," I demanded. "Prove to me that you aren't texting him."

"Are you fucking serious?" he grumbled but got his phone out anyway and put in the passcode before handing it to me.

I went to his messages and mentally cursed when I saw no messages to or from Max. He could've easily deleted them though, I can't leave that out. But now there's no way to check. I locked his phone with a sigh and was about to give him his phone back until an Instagram notification popped up and I immediately recognized the username. 

'Is he with you?'

"You weren't texting him? Yeah right!"

"Wait! I don't know what that is about! I fucking swear! Go on the dm!" he shouted and grabbed the phone, unlocking it again and clicking on the message.

He also appeared shocked and confused, he really looked like he didn't understand what was going on. He looked up at me alarmed, ready to strike back if I threw a punch first. But I held in my anger and just waited for him to explain. He looked a little shocked because back then I wouldn't have waited for him to explain, we would already have been fighting. He locked his phone in silence and sat in thought, the silence in the car choking him up.

"So? Any explanation to explain that?"

"I think I know who it was."

"Well, tell me!"