Chapter Fifteen

{ At Night }

Fairy Cottage

Ben: ( sneaks behind a tree, turns to the others ) shh...

V.K.: ( follows Ben )

Ben: ( Goes the gate )

V.K.: ( follows  )

Ben: ( opens the door )

Villains/Ben: ( Looks around )

Jay/Aslan: She's not upstairs.

Ira: No but someones here. ( points to the closet ) There

Chad: ( bangs on the door )

Ben: ( opens the door )

Ben/Aslan: Chad?

Chad: I want my mommy.

Ben: ( Tries to help Chad up )

Chad: ( flings his arms away ) No.

Ben: Its okay ( helps him up ) What happened, Buddy?

Chad: ( looks out to see Villians ) Hmm. Ben. Ben! ( gasp ) Your face. She's gone? huh? The door is open. I'm free. ( runs out ) Freedom! Oh!

Ira: Wow, she really messed him up. ( laughs )

Hook: ( laughs with Ira )

Aslan: No ( pulls Ira close to her )

Villains/Ben: ( Walks out )

The Museum

Gil/Jane/Doug: ( found Fairy Godmother )

Jane: Oh my gosh ( gets closer ) Hi, mom. Um. I don't know if you can hear me. But it's been a really crazy day. On the plus side, it's been the longest birthday, I've ever had. On the minus side, everyone's under an evil spell. But on the plus side, Carlos remembered my birthday. ( shows the necklace ) See? We're going to figure out how to undo this. We'll find a way to make this right, mom.

Fairy Cottage

Uma: Ooo, all right. Let's get this Audrey chick taken care of already.

Ira: For reals, my feet are hurting, my back is aching and my stomach hasnt stop growling, I think I'm about to turn into Ben for a minute.

Aslan: Poor Baby ( hugs her tight )

Mal: ( Laughs )

Uma: What do you say, girls? Time to wrap things up?

Ben: You know, someday, you're gonna have to tell me how you guys all got teamed up.

Evie: Actually, Mal promised to let all the kids off the Isle. Once this is over.

Ben: Mal?

Mal: I have to tell you guys something. Um... ( sighs ) I lied to you. The kids won't be coming off the Isle.

Ira: ( chuckle ) You're pranking us.

Jay: What do you mean?

Mal: The program is shut down. And the barrier will be closed for good.

Hook: ( grunts )

Ben: For Auradon's safety.

Uma: Hold up. So we're saving your precious people and your behinds for a lie. I knew it was a mistake to trust you. You're always out for yourself.

Hook: And you, King Ben eh, you're probably just gonna throw us all back inside.

Celia: You know what? I actually thought you were brave. You're nothing but a chicken. Too scared to tell me I was never gonna see my dad again.

Mal: Celia.

Celia: ( grabs Ember and throws in water )

Mal: Celia, Celia NO !

Evie: Celia!

Mal: No! No. ( grabs ember ) Regain your might and ignite! No.... Regain your might and ignite. ( Looks at Uma )

Uma: ( looks at her necklace ) Bummer. Let's go find Gil and leave them all to rot.

Mal: No. Uh. Uma. ( turns ) Evie. Ira. I'm so sorry. I'm sorry, I just...I thought that... I was afraid to tell you. I thought I was gonna lose my best friend but I had to do something. I had to protect Auradon.

Evie: Closing the barrier was your idea?

Ira: Yo- You lied.... to your own best friends about something so important. And thought you could get away with it.

Mal: I did it for us. I did it for our life that we have here now.

Evie: For our life? What about the kids that we left behind on that Island? The kids that we promised? We were their only hope. I thought you were gonna stand up for the V.K.'s, but instead you lied to them. And you lied to Jay, and you lied to Carlos and you lied to Ira, and you lied to me. We're your family.

Mal: Evie. Evie, come on. I had no choice!

Ira: But you did Mal, you did. You just chose the wrong one. ( V.K.'s turned to stone but Mal )

Mal: No. ( cries )

Mal: Here you are alone, and you deserve it Your friends have turned to stone And that's on you You had a cause to serve but did you serve it? Or did you see yourself in a way that wasn't true?

Why tell all those lies? You feel unworthy Like there isn't solid ground for you to stand But a stack of lies is not a firm foundation You cannot build a castle on a mountain made of sand

This is not your father's fairytale And no, it's not your mother's fault you fail So when your story comes to light Make sure the story that they write

Once upon a time she fought a dragon Once upon a time that beast was me Once upon a misspent youth She faced herself She spoke the truth That's how I see my once upon a time This time

Mal: ( runs towards Uma ) Uma! Uma, stop! Please stop! I need your help. We have a chance if we do this together.

Uma: You're friends kick you to the curb? Good.

Mal: Ben saw something in you. And today, Uma, I saw it too. You care. Uma. You care about everybody. And Auradon is worth saving. Help us, please.

Hook: You talk pretty, but... she's already made up her mind.

Uma: You brought this on yourself, Mal. You figure out how to fix it. Let's go.

Mal: Life is not a storybook but life unfolds in chapters Turn the page and start to make amends There's no pre-written guarantee of "happily ever after" Step into your greatness before your story ends

So when your story ends They'll say once upon a time a girl flew higher Once upon a time she made things right Once upon a tie that binds She changed her heart To change their minds That's got to be my once upon a time This once upon a time I'll finally see my once upon a time This time

Celia: Help me Mal!

Mal: ( looks up to pink thunder )

Audrey: Yeah, save your little friend, Mal!