Chapter Thirteen

Evie follows Chad under the bleacher,

Chad: is everybody at home as pretty as you?

Evie: I like to think I'm the fairest of them all. How many rooms in your castle?

Chad: too many to count.

Evie: * leans in for a kiss *

Chad: you really nailed that chemistry problem today. You're gonna have all the nerds in love with you.

Evie: I'm not that smart.

Chad: oh come on.

Evie: no really I'm not. But I'm really good at sewing and cooking and cleaning. You know like your mother, Cinderella without the Ratty dress. See this? If I ask it where something is it tells me.

Chad: are you kidding me?

Evie: no.

Chad: where's my cellphone?

Evie: it won't work for you, silly.

Chad: no biggie, my dad will just get me a new one.

Evie: prince charming.

Chad: yeah.

Evie: and Cinderella. And Fairy godmother. Hey, I heard her wand is in some boring museum, do they always leave it there?

Chad: I'd really like to talk but... Ah. I'm just swamped. Unless, if you can knock all my homework out along with yours, then maybe we could get together sometime, hang.

Evie: okay.

Chad: thanks babe.

Evie: yea. Bye.

Ira: you did not just stupidly tell him about the mirror and let him play you into doing HIS homework.

Evie: you're just jealous that I have a prince you don't

Ira: I don't need a prince when all the powers are in my hand.

Doug: I couldn't help but overhear...

Evie: are you stalking me?

Doug: technically yes, I too have a fascination with fairy godmother wand, which is another reason I look forward to the coronation. Perhaps we could sit next to each other and discuss it's attributes.

Evie/Ira: are you saying they use it in the coronation?

Doug: yes and asking you out.

Ira: E, darling.

Evie: * chuckles and follows Ira *

In the girls dorm room, Mal on her bed, Evie sewing, Jane next to Mal and Ira painting her nails.

Jane: mom said " if a boy can't see the beauty within, then he's not worth it. " Can you believe it? What world does she live in?

Mal and Ira: Auradon.

Evie: Mal, Ira, do you like?

Mal: yes it's cute. It brings out your eyes.

Evie: I know.

Ira: it looks plain. Add some red jewel.

Jane: I'll never get a boyfriend.

Mal: boyfriends are overrated.

Evie: and how would you know, Mal? You've never had one.

Mal: it's cause I don't need one, E. They're a waste of time.

Evie: * gasp * I forgot to do chads homework. Oh no! Oh no no no.

Mal: and that is exactly what I mean.