Chapter Four

The Next Morning

Beast: I think we all know why we're here. The people are in a panic about Hades. He almost got out.

Fairy Godmother: Who knows what he would've done if he had escaped?

Beast: We can't risk having another villain on the lose.

Mal: I really feel like this is all my fault. I'm supposed to protect Auradon.

Ben: You did. You did protect Auradon.

Beast: Every time we open the barrier, we're exposed to danger. Maleficent. Uma. Or Hades.

Ben: ...Maleficent's scepter and the queen's crown have been stolen.

Beast: Uma

Ben: We don't know that, Dad.

Belle: When the people hear this, they will never wanna leave their houses. What do we tell them? Mal... What do we do? How do we keep evil out of Auradon?

Mal: I think that there's only... one way to guarantee their safety. And I think that there... Can't be anymore going in and out. I think that we have to close the barrier. Forever.

Ben: ...No.

Beast: Son...

Ben: No.

Mal: Ben?

Ben: No no no.

Mal: Ben? Hey. I do not want to take away your dream, Because it was so beautiful. And it is why I fell in love with you. But as king and as queen, what's our duty?

Ben: ...To protect Auradon. But you know what this would mean? All those kids? Are you prepared for that?

Mal: I know what it means. And, no. I'm not prepared for it. I just think that we have no other choice

Beast: Son... Mal's right.

Mal: I just don't think that we would forgive ourselves if something terrible happened.

Evie's Castle

Evie: Who else knows about the crown and the scepter?

Mal: No one. I mean... Think about it. It was scared enough as it is. We have to employ these entirely new security measures.

Ira: What does that mean for the Isle of the Lost?

Evie: Will this delay our bringing over more VKs?

Mal: We're talking about "closing the barrier" for good.

Evie: But you said no?

Ira: Did you say yes?

Evie: I mean the five of us are living the dream here, and we finally get to share that. I mean, what could be more important than that?

Mal: Yeah. I know. - I mean, maybe security or maybe peace of mind for everyone in Auradon.

Evie: Is that what they're thinking? M, were they seriously thinking that no one will ever go in and out of the Isle ever again? What, we never get to go back and see our parents? And what about these kids? We promised them that they could go back and visit whenever they wanted.

Mal: Yeah. I know.

Evie: M, I'm so glad that you are going to be queen. You will be a part of these conversations, you will stand up for the VKs. Thank you for telling me. - And you'll be a great queen.

Ira: A purple queen.

Carlos: Whoo! Morning, got the beach towels.

Jay: These. I really think she's gonna like the cake, you guys.

Carlos: Oh, no. Okay! Who got into Jane's cake?

Ira: Probably the kids.

Dizzy: Delicious.

Celia: I especially love the lack of dirt.

Gwendoyln: The lack of trash

Dizzy: and the lack of flies

Celia: Want some?

Dizzy/Gwen: Thank you

Audrey: I was hoping you were home.

Mal: ( chuckle ) Is this a joke? What are you doing with the crown and the scepter?

Audrey: Well, I wanted them, so I took them. And you of all people should understand that, Mal.

Mal: Wait, Audrey stop! Don't use that.

Audrey: I thought you liked spells.

Mal: I- Okay Audrey, you're better..

.Audrey: Quiet!

Mal: It's not a toy. It's dangerous.

Audrey: I want to be dangerous. My life was perfect until you stole it. And then Auradon turned it's back on me. ( walks away ) Well, it's time for a little payback.

Mal: Audrey, wait!

Audrey: ( turns and strikes Mal with the scepter, Laughs )

Mal: ( Turns into an old lady )

Audrey: You think Ben will love you now, you old hag? You'll pay the price of what you did and so will all of Auradon.

V.K.: ( runs out )

Audrey: So long suckers!