15: Origins - Part 2 of 2 (Finale)

Special thanks to Serinwee06 , MatteoSN7 and Thejediofdarkness for playing a part in this book!

19 BBY | Month 2, Days before

"Right here!" Crosshair's voice cut through the tense atmosphere, drawing everyone's attention. He stood beside a broken comm device, and the name "Noble" was etched into their minds.

Without hesitation, Hunter knelt down to examine the device. It was clear that the comm device was beyond repair, with buttons falling off, and half of its plating missing. "I found her glasses!" Tech confirmed sadly, raising the smashed lenses for everyone to see.

The frustration in the group was palpable. The sense of urgency and concern for Noble was undeniable. The question that hung heavily in the air was, "Who could have done this to her?"

Echo's anger simmered just beneath the surface. He felt a hand on his shoulder and knew it was Wrecker, who shared his sentiment, maybe even more passionately. "LET ME AT 'EM!" Wrecker's desire for action was undeniable.

Crosshair, who usually had a sharp retort, was uncharacteristically subdued. He couldn't shake the worry that gnawed at him. Tech muttered about, unable to focus. "If only I told her that I loved her, this is my fault... She must have been distracted..."

Tech's outburst had caught him off guard as Crosshair shot a look. "Oh great, you're in love. How helpful!" he muttered, rolling his eyes. "Stow your feelings, it won't help us, genius."

At that moment, Flash chimed in. "Come on, Wrecker, don't act like a reckless idiot... Noble wouldn't want you chargin' in without a plan," He glared at Wrecker, his patience wearing thin.

Hunter stepped forward, his voice carrying the weight of their collective concern. "Enough!"

The Bad Batch had a mission, and that mission was to find Noble and bring her home safely. It was a delicate situation, and Hunter knew they needed to stay focused.

Echo was slightly taken aback by Tech's sudden confession. While it wasn't entirely unexpected, seeing it out in the open was a different matter. Wrecker, usually the one surprised by such developments, was uncharacteristically silent, grappling with the reality of the situation.

Hunter, their leader, took charge. "We are getting back to that city." He turned and started walking, his mind already racing with plans. "Tech, get in contact with the shipyard, tap into their security system to see if you can find anything unusual."

The rest of the team nodded in agreement, and they all moved into action. "Everyone else, let's get these items back to the ship and search for any clues that could help us locate Noble," Hunter commanded, the determination in his voice unwavering.

The Bad Batch would not rest until they found their missing team member, and with their combined skills and determination, they were determined to bring Noble back safe and sound. Especially Tech who is driven by his love for her.

+++

Inside the Marauder, Tech continued to work diligently at the navigation station. His fingers flew over the keys as he accessed the shipyard's records, searching for any trace of the mysterious ship that might provide a lead in their quest to find Noble.

"Sergeant, I found something," Tech finally announced through the comm system, excitement and hope evident in his voice.

Hunter was quick to respond. "What did you find?"