15: Origins - Part 1 of 2

19 BBY | Month 2, Day 2
Havoc Marauder, Deep Space | unknown time

Clone Force 99 hurtles through hyperspace, each member engrossed in their almost customary tasks. Tech, as always, is at the cockpit, his mind whirring with calculations. Hunter is in the back, deftly spinning his knife, while Wrecker, in his ceaseless quest to be even mightier, effortlessly lifts Gonky, who squawks in response. Echo focuses on his scomp link as Flash naps, and Crosshair, the sharpshooter, engages in a conversation with Noble near the cockpit.

Their destination is planet Bimmisaari, home to a population of over twenty million beings. Most of its inhabitants are fur-covered creatures, while others are a variant of humans with fur-like features. Fortunately, for Tech, their language isn't a concern for the Batch.

According to Hunter, the primary objective won't be dispatched until the following day and this time, shockingly, the squad arrives a day early. It's hardly surprising when their PILOT... seems to fly as if he's misplaced his sanity.

Noble reaches over to tap Crosshair's scope. "Your scope needs to be replaced." She meets his gaze with a playful grin.

"Yeah, well, thank the tiny brain back there," Crosshair gestures towards the oblivious Wrecker at the back of the ship. What did Wrecker do exactly...?

"I'm sure we can settle down and get that fixed outside the city, as Tech mentioned," Noble reassures, her brow furrowing as she leans into the cockpit. "Right, Tech?"

"Huh...?" Tech shakes off his daydreams, glancing over his shoulder.

"Where are we landing?" She asks with amusement.

"We're touching down outside Glastro city," Tech replies, pushing his goggles higher on his forehead.

"Wonderful," Crosshair mutters, exhaling softly and capturing the attention of both.

"I'll pay for it, sharpie." Noble playfully pats Crosshair's arm before striding toward the front of the ship. Never in his life would he be called something like that, but it's different than just Cross...

The ship lands smoothly as planned, just outside the city. The group quickly sets about preparing for the mission scheduled for the next day. The sun's position indicates that it's now midday, making it convenient for the team to commence their operations.

"By the time we reach our destination, we'll be establishing our camp," Hunter reminds them. "Remember, no ruffling any feathers with the locals."

He sends a pointed glance in Wrecker's direction who throws his arms up in the air. "Aw, c'mon... I wanna blow something up!" Wrecker protests.

Crosshair shakes his head and gives Wrecker a withering look, then strides down the ramp. Tech and Echo and Flash follow suit, grabbing their gear before making their way down.

"Noble, got your equipment?" Hunter asks as he points at the bag slung over her shoulder.

"Yup," Noble responds promptly, adjusting her glasses with the skimboard soon coming into her grasp to be used as her source of transportation without her having to walk.

+++

Hours have passed, and the Bad Batch has reached their desired location. Nestled amidst a sprawling forest of towering trees lies an intriguing rock formation, a natural overhang of peculiar design. Tech had explained its significance during their journey to the spot.

Adding to the natural beauty, a vast lake sparkles near their campsite, its waters shimmering in the dappled sunlight, perfect for sightseeing.

Noble's curiosity is piqued as she observes the rock formation, noticing claw marks etched into its surface. The men begin to settle down, and she wonders if this place might be a temporary abode for the bird-like species she had glimpsed while studying the local wildlife.