10: Staying With the Batch

20 BBY | Month 8, Day 10
Deep Space | unknown time

The Havoc Marauder smoothly exits hyperspace and begins its descent towards the bustling docking station on Coruscant. Inside the cockpit, Clone Force 99 members huddle together, watching as the massive city planet comes into view. Noble, however, has chosen to remain at the back of the ship, diligently cleaning up after a rather messy Wrecker who seems to have left wrappers strewn about everywhere.

"Ugh, under his rack too?" Noble grumbles in mild exasperation as she stretches to reach under the bed and retrieve more trash. The ship's thrusters give a slight thud as it descends.

In the cockpit, the members exchange glances. It's been only a few months since they first met the medic, and during that time, they've shared a series of unexpected adventures. However, there's something they know that Noble doesn't.

"Hey, Doc," Tech calls over the comm, peering around the cockpit to see Noble toiling away at her cleaning task. He falls back into his seat.

"Huh...? Oh, hi there, Tech," Noble replies with a small laugh, her attention focused on the ship's mess. "I was cleaning up one of Wrecker's messes."

Tech shakes his head and sighs. "I'm sure he would appreciate your kind gesture. He is snoring in the cockpit."

"Really? I can't hear him... that's rare," she mutters her comment.

For once, Tech's dry humor elicits a genuine smile from Noble, but it doesn't last long. A somber expression clouds his face, and he eventually admits. "Commander Cody is waiting for you outside."

Noble's eyes widen with curiosity. "What's the occasion? A message from Nala Se? The tracking of my insane maker?"

Tech, in a reflective moment, smiles faintly but offers no further explanation, wanting to almost hug her as if he won't see her again. "I... It's nothing, come on."

Her unease grows as she meets the rest of her group outside, where every member seems to wear a somber expression. She responds with a furrow of her brow before halting at the commander.

"Noble," Cody greets with a nod, and she responds with a half-smile. Her inquisitive eyes dart around the group, searching for answers. "Are you all okay?"

"We will be," Hunter responds after a moment of silence, gesturing for her to follow the commander, before gesturing his team back on the Marauder for a separate briefing.

+++

Following Commander Cody through the vast expanse of the GAR Clone Barracks, Noble eventually comes to a halt at the entrance. The seemingly endless hallways branch off in various directions, and the echoing sounds of marching boots fill the otherwise quiet air.

"Cody?" Noble lets out a breath, the white plumes mingling with the cold air of the corridor. "We've walked quite a bit now, what's this all about?"

Cody turns to face Noble, unfastening his helmet. His eyes lock onto hers, revealing a touch of uncertainty. "You didn't catch the briefing, did you?" he asks, arching a questioning eyebrow.

Noble looks down at her dusty boots before replying, "No, I was meditating... it helps me with anxiety and the Doctor Ru situation." She trails off and then looks back at Cody, the helmet in his grasp preventing her from reading his full expression. "Go on, Cody. You want to tell me something."

He nods and explains. "You're back here because of Nala Se. She wanted to clarify your choice given the current circumstances. Safety precautions, she says. She's interested in whether you want to continue wearing the clone armor. But not only that..."