8: Nightmarish Situation

20 BBY | Month 8, Day 4
Deep Space | unknown time

In the depths of space, the Havoc Marauder finds itself in a dire firefight with a band of ruthless pirates. Blaster fire and explosions echo through the void as the crew fights to fend off their attackers. Hunter, stationed at the rear of the ship, barks out orders.

"Come on, Tech! We can't take any more hits like this!"

Wrecker, manning the back ion cannon turret, fires a powerful shot at an approaching pirate ship. "I'm trying my best back here, steady with the moving!"

Tech, deeply immersed in his work at the controls, lets out an irritated sigh as he glances toward Noble, who is working with him. "Almost got it!"

Noble's fingers dance across the console, quickly rewiring circuits to make the adjustments needed. Tech gestures urgently to the last of what needs to be fixed. "The blue one! Hurry!"

Listening closely over the chaos of the firefight, she spots the indicated wire and swiftly moves it into position with another. "Got it!"

They both grasp the lever simultaneously, pulling it forward. With their quick thinking and teamwork, the Havoc Marauder manages to slip into hyperspace, escaping the dangerous pirates. Tech sighs with immense relief, before realizing their hands are touching.

"Go take a breather, I'll stay here at the wheel," he offers, taking his much larger hand off of her who is too focused on the blue streaks passing the Marauder through the windshield.

Noble pushes herself off the console with a big exhale. "Good idea."

As Noble exits the control area, she is met by Crosshair, who moves toward the front of the ship to take her seat. She turns her chair around to face the controls with the Force, and the ship's interior is filled with a sense of calm after the intense battle. A faint smile forms as she passes the sniper.

Her resolve has become clear; she no longer wishes to limit herself to her role as a medic. She plans to reclaim her place as a soldier, one who can hold her own in battle, Force-sensitive or not, no Kaminoan can tell her otherwise.

Noble hums contentedly as she studies her hands, lost in thought but seeing a deep cut. "Hey, Crosshair?"

He turns to her, attentive. "Hm?"

"Can you get me the bandage wrap from the medical crate?" Noble asks, and Crosshair swiftly acknowledges her request. "Hey, small brain! Doc needs her bandage wrap," he calls to Wrecker, who's rummaging around in the back.

"Hey! It's not small!" Wrecker pouts, irritated, but he eventually grabs it. It garners a snicker from Crosshair but the two begin with their bickering again and Noble uses the Force to take the bandage wrap for herself.

Hunter steps in after looking into the storage for chow time. "Stow it, both of you. Doc, everything alright?"

Noble playfully waves her bandaged hand with ease and quickness. "Yep."

"I'm gonna take a nap... wake me if you need me." With that, she begins to unwind, finding solace in a brief respite from the intensity of their battles and the challenges that lie ahead.

A Nightmare | 29 BBY

Noble found herself in a nightmarish realm, confined to an ominous, dimly lit chamber deep within the secret lab on Kamino. Her surroundings were cloaked in shadow, and an eerie silence hung heavily in the air. She was bound to a chair, her limbs shackled tightly, rendering her immobile. The restraints clung to her wrists and ankles, as if conspiring with the darkness to ensure her imprisonment.