6: Critically Wounded

20 BBY | Month 7, Day 20
Planet Sarrish, Deep Space | unknown time

The Marauder gracefully descends into the turbulent atmosphere of planet Sarrish, narrowly avoiding blaster fire from the Separatists below. The briefing from Commander Cody was straight to the point. For someone like Wrecker, it's exactly the kind of straightforward information he craves, let alone if it is explosive. It's an opportunity to do what he does best - obliterate droids with sheer brute force.

Hunter addresses the group as they prepare to disembark. Noble has outfitted herself with a set of hand blasters and additional under armor, seeking to provide herself with an extra layer of protection. As she looks at the blasters, she can't help but reflect on the first time she used such weapons in a real battle – the same kind of battle that took the lives of her brothers.

Although this is just a distant memory now, as she cannot recall too much of the incident. Her Kaminoan Doctor and maker, Scientist Lina Ru planned for this to happen, along with all the unorthodox experiments on this innocent clone.

She rises from her seat when the Marauder touches down, securing her blasters in their holsters before turning her attention to Sergeant Hunter cleaning his knife. His expression is pensive, and Noble can sense that he's deeply immersed in his own thoughts.

"Hey Tech!" Wrecker calls from the back. "WHERE IS MY LULA!"

"How would I possibly know that?" Tech retorts as he rises from his seat. The two continue to argue while the sniper of the group flashes a annoyed look at Noble. 

"We've got this," she assures the two quiet members with a warm smile, her gaze shifting to Tech as he lowers the ramp and opens the doors. She is unwavering in her determination.

"You've got that right, little lady!" Wrecker chimes in, tossing his Tooka at Tech, before ruffling the medic's hair.

Tech tosses the doll onto his pilot seat, shaking his head. "That really was not necessary, Wrecker..."

But of course, the genius gets ignored by a set of loud after before they all file out of the starship to meet with Cody, who has been waiting with only a sliver of patience. Cody addresses the team, his gaze sweeping across each member. "We are aware you've received the briefing; you understand the gravity of this mission...?"

Hunter steps forward, his tone unwavering. "Yes, Commander. We'll carry out our part, as always... You know us."

"Yeah, well, just ensure miss medic over here is being protected too... Head out at your earliest convenience and secure the eastern front," Cody instructs, offering a knowing smile as he catches sight of Noble's sun-reflecting glasses as she gives him a look.

+++

After successfully completing their mission on the eastern front, the Bad Batch makes their way back to the Republic outpost effortlessly, but that was only the easy part.

As they approach Commander Cody, they find him engaged in conversation with none other than Jedi Master Obi-Wan Kenobi. The members of Clone Force 99 glance around, leisurely walking up to the two figures.

"Anyone remember the Jedi's name?" Crosshair muses aloud, his breath leaving a small, visible puff in the slightly chilled air of Sarrish. Tech knowing who this is, begins to raise a finger.

But before Tech can utter a word, Noble smoothly replies. "General Kenobi."

Crosshair blinks in mild astonishment as Tech glances at her with a quickness. The Genius himself acknowledges her as he stammers. "Oh... H-How did you know...?"