9: A Quake

20 BBY | Month 8, Day 8
Deep Space | unknown time

The Havoc Marauder gracefully touches down just outside the capital city of Advora, a tranquil location despite the uncertainty that usually surrounds their missions. This time, their task is to scout the area for a separatist outpost. Instead of the usual thrilling battle, this mission is primarily an exploration endeavor, an opportunity to gather information from a distance.

Inside the ship, the team gathers at the front, focused on the holographic image of Commander Cody. His voice resonates through the holoprojector, a familiar sound that brings a sense of unity.

"Hello, boys," Cody greets, his voice slightly distorted by the technology. Hunter leans forward in his seat, eager to hear from him. "Commander, it's good to hear from you again."

Cody doesn't waste any time. "This is your final mission before we have you returning to Coruscant with Medic Noble."

Wrecker's eyes widen with shock as he hears this news. He can't help but protest, his voice filled with disappointment. "Oh come! The year isn't over!"

"I'm sorry, Wrecker," Cody replies with static empathy. "We discussed this months ago. It's for her benefit and yours. It's the right decision to bring her back early. I am sure she might opt in the decision to stay with you all."

Inside her room, Noble sits cross-legged on her bed, deep in meditation. Her eyes remain closed, focused on her breathing and the tranquility within her. She has been really focusing on the Force, as the days pass, attempting to gain more control with her lack of Jedi training.

Back outside, the Marauder's door hisses open, and the ramp descends gracefully to the ground. The men take a moment to gather in their sights before their medic senses them leaving.

Noble's voice breaks through her meditation, echoing down the ramp as she walks in haste. "Hey! Tech! Sir Goggles!"

Tech glances up from his datapad to acknowledge her with pushing up his goggles. "W-What is it?"

Crosshair, who has been keeping himself busy, can't help but comment as he walks past, donning his helmet. "Like a married couple... tsk."

"HAH!" Wrecker booms. "Good one, Crosshair!"

Hunter taps Crosshair on the shoulder with a raised brow, silently urging him to tone down his remarks. Wrecker, his eyes filled with anticipation, merely groans as he eagerly anticipates a chance to blow something up.

"You need anything while you're out on the mission?" she asks, her voice friendly and open.

Tech, still amused by her previous antics, replies. "Our storage is still sufficient on supplies. But if you want to find a new battery for the ship's power, that will help."

"Power battery, got it," Noble confirms, giving a thumbs-up before turning her attention to Wrecker. "You want anything, tall guy?"

Wrecker, after briefly exchanging glances with Crosshair, shrugs and replies. "Uh, I don't need anything."

With her supplies in check, she addresses Hunter and Crosshair. "Keep me updated if you need anything."

Hunter nods in approval, while Crosshair gives a nonchalant thumbs-up before the men start walking off. Just moments later, the ground begins to shake with a sudden and violent intensity. It sends nervous screams echoing in the distance. "What's going on?" Noble questions, her eyes darting around in confusion.

Tech, ever the information bearer, steps forward to explain. "A groundquake, also known as a seismic quake. It occurs on planets with unstable tectonic plating, where plates get stuck when moving. When the friction between two plates eventually releases, it causes a reaction like this. It can be dangerous."