13: Unmarked Territory

19 BBY | Month 1, Day 13 - Hours later
Havoc Marauder, Deep Space | unknown time

The Bad Batch is deep into their journey, cruising through hyperspace on their way to a mission requested by Captain Rex on behalf of General Skywalker. This particular assignment involves tracking down and dealing with a group of pirates who've stolen valuable cargo from the Republic. Of course, this is an act that can't go unpunished, but to mainly focus getting back the supplies.

In the cockpit of the Havoc Marauder, Noble is seated in the passenger's chair, her eyes behind her glasses are focused on her fellow teammates. Her gaze lingers on Echo, who's skillfully piloting the ship with one hand and his other being the scomp arm, and Hunter, who's taking a well-deserved nap. The monotony of space travel is beginning to fade as they near their destination, an uncharted planet.

Noble decides that now is the right time to wake up Tech. Despite the urgency of their mission, there's still an underlying tension between them. The unexpected kiss they shared during their recent downtime is a subject neither has broached, and it leaves Noble feeling somewhat perplexed.

She leans closer to Echo and whispers her intentions. "I'm going to wake up Tech." Echo briefly glances at her before giving a nod in understanding. Hunter, catching the whispered exchange, cracks one eye open before deciding to surrender to his sleep once again.

Noble leaves the cockpit, and as she heads towards Tech's designated area, in her room. Once entered, she takes a deep breath before gently rousing him from his slumber.

He immediately jerks awake with a instant headache. His eyes scan the room, quickly recalculating his surroundings.

Noble, nervously, offers a light laugh as she jokingly cautions him, "Be careful."

She watches him, concern etched on her face, hoping that the lighthearted jest would ease the tension that has been looming since their shared kiss.

Tech, however, refuses to make eye contact with her. His silence is growing as he revisits the memory of the kiss, along with the growing emotions he's been trying to hide from her, his feelings.

Noble, taking his arm, tries to talk openly about it though. She asks about the kiss and hopes for a candid response, an explanation, but Tech remains distant. After a moment's pause, Tech subtly withdraws his arm from her gentle grip.

He decides not to confront the issue directly, saying instead. "It was just a kiss, Noble. I have work to do... I shouldn't have drunk like I did." With those words, Tech excuses himself with a hand to his forehead, leaving Noble alone in her room.

As the door closes behind him, Noble stands in her small quarters, the pensive look on her face betraying her inner turmoil. Her thoughts are in a whirlwind as she contemplates the recent encounter with Tech, puzzled by his evasion of the subject and his sudden avoidance.

To take her mind off the confusion and the kiss that still lingers in her thoughts, she reaches beneath her bed and retrieves a datapad she grabbed months ago back on Coruscant. Turning it on, she's met with a picture of her and Gregor who is making a face and wearing her necklace in a joking manner. A deep frown creases her face as she gazes at the image, her heart heavy with the pain of missing him.

+++

The Havoc Marauder touches down on the unmarked planet, and as the ramp lowers, the members of Clone Force 99, along with their newest additions, Echo and Flash, stand outside. Tech is struggling to input data into his device to track the stolen cargo's location. Noble is the last to step outside, her skimboard tucked under her arm.