11: Anaxes - Part 2

19 BBY | Month 1, Day 7
Deep space, heading for Skako Minor

Hours have passed as the Marauder cruises through space. In the back of the ship, a diverse group of individuals is engaged in conversation, their voices creating a low, comforting hum.

Noble, suited half-up in clone gear, sits at the navigations console. Her focus is intense, her mind preoccupied with thoughts of two clones who were once presumed dead but are now confirmed to be alive: CT-1409 and CT-1567, Echo and Flash.

The memory of her conversation with Rex keeps replaying in her mind.

"He's alive, Noble. Our friend is alive. You believed me, and now the others do. Or so I think..."

"Trust your gut, Rex. Just like I do. It will be okay..."

In the midst of her thoughts, a commotion in the back of the ship draws her attention. Wrecker's booming laugh and the sight of him effortlessly lifting Gonky from the floor pique her curiosity. At the same time, the conversation between the others continues.

"So, how many missions has your team been on, Sergeant?" Anakin Skywalker inquires as he hands over Crosshair's sniper rifle to the sharpshooter after examining it carefully. Hunter, who is at the controls of the navigations, glances over at the Jedi.

"Honestly, sir... I've lost count," Hunter replies with a casual shrug, his eyes moving from Anakin to his console. "All the action sort of blurs together."

Rex then turns his attention to Hunter, with crossed arms. "I know you work with Cody sometimes, but who do you report to?"

Hunter shifts his gaze from the controls to the captain, folding his arms thoughtfully. "Hmm. Good question. Can't say I've got an answer."

"Depends on the mission," Noble interjects with a subtle smile. She's heard this question many times before.

"Yeah!" Wrecker exclaims, a big grin on his face as he takes another bite of the Nuna leg while getting a look back from the medic who watches Gonky being lifted.

"Hey." Leda points to the big guy, eyeing his food greedily. "You got more?"

Leda's request earns her a scolding look from Kendall, but she simply shrugs. "What? I'm hungry. I already ate all my ration sticks."

Wrecker chuckles, setting Gonky gently on the ship's floor. "Sorry, kid. Ask Hunter." He pats her head before taking another hearty bite. Hunter shakes his head, heading towards the pantry. "Here, I'll get ya something to chow on."

Noble glances at Leda with a chuckle. "Oh, there's no need—" Kendall begins, but then sighs softly, realizing that Leda's growling stomach won't be silenced so easily. Anakin's curiosity shifts the conversation as he turns his attention to Noble. "So, Medic Noble... Who was your maker?"

"Lina Ru," Noble replies, inhaling deeply. "A Kaminoan scientist who worked under Nala Se."

Kendall perks up to add on. "That Kaminoan who tried to create a new line of clones from another donor and not that bounty hunter? And then got arrested for it...?"

Noble stands up, a sense of frustration clear in her voice. "Something like that, yep... that Kaminoan," She turns and walks off, heading to the cockpit.

"How did you know?" Leda whispers, her curiosity piqued.

"Word goes around the temple quite fast, my young padawan."

Just as the conversation flows, the ship shakes violently, and a warning beep sounds from the front. "We are approaching Skako Minor," Tech informs from the pilot seat. "It looks to be a difficult landing."