2: Just Some Adjustments

20 BBY | Month 6, Day 4
Deep Space, Havoc Marauder | 14:09

Tech's attention is engrossed in his datapad, absorbed in his own work and many messy files. A subtle movement to his right catches his notice, and he glances over to find Noble soundly asleep in Wrecker's seat. It's not an uncommon sight, as the entire group tends to find moments of rest during the stretches between hyperspace lanes. Tech, however, tends to be one of those individuals who neglect such downtime—his mind usually occupied with calculations and data analysis.

Amidst his focused work and lack of attention to his wound that still heals, a beep sounds, drawing his gaze back to the controls. Low on fuel, the alert blinks on his screen, and he can't suppress a faint sigh.

Silently, he rises from his seat, careful not to disturb Noble's peaceful slumber, and steps out of the cockpit with a subtle limp.

"Sarge, we've encountered an issue," Tech voices, adjusting his goggles as he draws Hunter's attention to him.

"What's the problem?" Hunter inquires, crossing his arms as he leans against the navigation console.

Tech points to his datapad, his expression serious. "We're running low on fuel. We need to find a suitable location to get more."

Hunter's brow furrows. "I thought we had enough to make it."

"I did too, until the recent alert, Wrecker must've done something," Tech explains, taking a seat beside Hunter to access the navigation systems and search for a nearby planet.

"I heard that!" Wrecker voices from his rack. "And that was just mean!"

"I am only stating a possibility..."

"Did you even consider Noble when those droids came aboard?"

"Oh look," Hunter mutters. "Wrecker has a brain this time..."

Tech shakes his head as he works on plotting a course. There is no end to his argument... Hunter moves toward the cockpit soon after, his steps carrying him past Crosshair, who is meticulously cleaning his sniper.

"Still sleeping, huh, Noble?" Hunter murmurs under his breath, his voice a soft whisper. "Wrecker must have worn her out with those games he made up."

Crosshair smirks faintly, sparing a glance toward the sleeping figure. "Seems like it."

"Perhaps she's still following her old schedule," Tech chimes in, his tone matter-of-fact as he takes his place in the pilot's seat.

Hunter yawns, stretching his arms as he leans against the cockpit wall. "Could be. She's an interesting one, that's for sure."

"Very interesting, considering what you told me..." Tech remarks in a hushed tone. Hunter nods, his eyes drifting toward Noble. "Yep... She'll open up more at a later time."

+++

The Havoc Marauder continues its journey through the expanse of space, the rhythmic hum of the engines providing a soothing backdrop to the peaceful atmosphere within. Noble remains nestled in her slumber, blissfully unaware of the discussion that has unfolded earlier.

As the ship travels onward, Tech looks through the navigations, seeking a suitable location to refuel. The holographic displays flicker with data, and his analytical mind processes the options with precision. After a few moments of calculations, he narrows down the potential planets for refueling.

Hunter's gaze shifts to Tech's focused activity from Wrecker lifting Gonky. "Find anything?"

Tech's fingers dance across the controls as he responds, "Yes, I have. There are a few viable options within our current range. I'm cross-referencing them with potential risks and trade routes..."