5: The Ice is Melting

20 BBY | Month 7, unknown day
Havoc Marauder, deep space | unknown time

In the midst of hyperspace, Noble sits beside Wrecker, her eyes scanning over his injuries. She nods, satisfied with the progress of his healing wounds.

"Thanks, Doc," Wrecker grins, his enthusiasm all there in great heights. "I feel brand new!"

Beside her, Gonky honks happily, and she smiles at the power droid, patting it gently. "Looks like Gonky's in a good mood too. Maybe I can take a look at him and fix him up."

Hunter, who's walking towards the back of the ship, overhears her. "You can't fix Gonky, Doc. He's a defective power droid."

"I fixed Wrecker though."

"Good joke..." the Sergeant smirks slightly. "But not that kind of defective."

Noble frowns slightly amused, and Gonky beeps defensively in response. She pats the droid reassuringly before getting up to approach Tech in the cockpit, picking up a spanner wrench that had been hiding under Wrecker's bunk.

Crosshair rolls his eyes at her as she passes, muttering about her. She furrows her brow in response. "Morning Cross, sleep well?"

"Not at all. You are here."

The medic shakes her head at his sour reply. Taking the passenger seat Noble extends the spanner wrench to Tech, a playful smile on her face. "I found your spanner. It was hidden under Wrecker's bunk."

"Again?" Tech mutters, his eyes focused on the wheel for a moment.

Glancing over at her, a hint of a blush touching his cheeks seeing her eyes locked on his. "Thank you... Fun fact: this specifically spanner was a prototype model created by me when I was younger."

Crosshair groans audibly. "Shut up. I don't want to hear any more fun facts."

Noble chuckles and encourages Tech. "Go on, I'm interested."

"No! Don't encourage it... Please."

Crosshair complains further as Noble watches the skilled sniper placing his own hands at his ears. Tech smirks, and the faint blush on his cheeks deepens. He turns to toss the spanner wrench into a nearby box under the ship's control wheel.

Noble gazes out at hyperspace through the windshield, the stars streaking by. She then asks Tech a question out of genuine curiosity, her tone light.

"What's your favorite creature in the galaxy? You must know many creatures."

Tech raises an eyebrow at her question, his analytical mind processing the inquiry. "The concept of favorites is subjective and illogical. No creature is inherently greater than another."

Noble smiles warmly at his response. "I appreciate your logical viewpoint. But still, if you had to choose... what's your favorite? Mine narrow down to the Purrgil and Loth Wolf."

Tech ponders for a moment, recalling the countless creatures he's encountered in his missions. Just as he's about to provide an answer, a sudden thud rocks the ship, making him and Noble flinch.

"What was that?" Noble asks, her voice laced with concern.

Crosshair cracks an eye open and groans. "Wrecker probably... Don't worry about it."

Tech begins to explain, "According to my calculations, that might have been something with the..."

His sentence is cut shortly, the ship shakes more violently, and they're abruptly yanked out of hyperspace. The Havoc Marauder powers down and starts hurtling towards an unknown planet, its surface appeared to be covered in a thick blanket of snow.