"Let's get married, now."

Maya and Carina rarely fought but if they did the walls began to shake. All the neighbors knew since not hearing them was incredibly hard. They both always said things they didn't mean, emotions guided their words instead of their common sense. And anger lingered in their communication for days after they fought. That's why they so rarely did. Today, though, there was no way of avoiding it.

Carina kept repeating the same sentence "how could you?" "How could you?" "HOW could you?" The words burned into Maya's mind. She was trying to do the right thing. But Carina wasn't at fault either. Of course, Maya shouldn't just have gone and talked to the detective but she simply felt so helpless. Then again this wasn't her decision to make. She wasn't the victim here. She didn't quite understand the pain the love of her life was going through, no matter how much she wanted to understand it. She didn't feel the way Carina did. Maya obviously experienced how cruel the world can be to a woman. And she knew how disgusting it felt to be called hot or sexy by a random guy on the street. But didn't every woman? Then again almost all women have suffered from far more than just being called something on the street. But why did it have to happen to her fiancee? Why did she have to suffer?

"I was just trying to help, Carina." She said every time those words escaped Carina's mouth.
"What if I don't want to do anything about it? Huh? What if I want to heal this wound before tearing it open all over again? It has been a few weeks not years!" Carina spoke with so much rage lined in her words. Maya had, as far as she remembered, never seen Carina this mad. But her words hit like brick stones.
She wasn't willing to do something about it. She wanted to suffer in silence. Maya couldn't understand why. Why someone would let a predator walk free? Maybe one had to be in the very position to understand. "I just don't want to, Maya. I want to be happy and get married and find joy again. I finally have you back I cannot continue suffering when the joy in my life came home. I want to forget it. I know you don't understand but doing something about it would make me worse." Maya stood there stunned as Carina's words started to sink in. She was right Maya did always do everything her way and maybe sometimes without thinking twice about the needs of the person connected.

Carina rested her head on one of her hands. Expressing exhaustion. "It's all a mess. I can't keep living in a mess. There's something up no matter what." Carina was right since her childhood, she hadn't found peace. Well no be fairly honest Maya wasn't the most relaxing person. All of a sudden Maya felt a heavy weight of guilt on her shoulders. If Carina had been with someone else maybe she could have found peace. Maybe she could have had someone who doesn't have to get up early on weekends without feeling bad. Maybe she would have had someone who doesn't go behind her back just to feel useful. "I'm sorry, Carina. I am so incredibly sorry." Maya spoke silently. Carina seemed surprised by her revolutionized words. Her head lifted from her hand to look at Maya and see if she was being sincere. A minute ago, a realization ago, she wouldn't have spoken those words. So they did come as a surprise. "We don't have to do anything at any point if you don't want to." As much as it pained her to let it go, for Carina's sake she had to. She walked closer to Carina and simply slung her arms around her and they stayed like that for long. At first, Carina seemed uncomfortable in Maya's arms because of the anger still flooding through her system. And only after a while, Maya spoke again. Her words were guided by emotions but she meant every last one of them.

"Let's get married, now. No matter what, we don't need a wedding all I need is to have you with me, forever. Let's go get a Las Vegas wedding. And if we want we can still have a 'real' wedding with all of our friends. But let's do it. I don't want to wait any longer."
As a little girl, Maya would have hated that concept. She always wanted to have a huge wedding with a white puffy dress and many gifts. She always denied it, to people inquiring about how she wanted to design her future but when she couldn't sleep visions of her weddings had always helped. She had an exact wish for her wedding, she wrote it down on clipboards and everything  But now she didn't need any of these things. And it was not to make things right with Carina nor was it to keep anyone tied to her. She wanted this. She really wanted this. Carina looked startled but a smile was forming on her lips. "Are you serious?" She asked. "As serious as Maya Bishop can be," Maya answered with a smile. Because of course, they both knew Maya almost always was serious.

(Hey guysss, sorry I had terrible writersblock this past month and a ton of school work. So I couldn't update. Let me know what you think! Are they really going to get married like that?")