"No, I was just curious."

Back in her room, Maya glared at the ceiling. She stared until it started to spin. Her mind was blank other than the occasional drift off. She had no idea what to do with herself so she did absolutely nothing. She thought about calling Carina and complaining but she knew both of them dealt with biphobia way too often bothering her about it didn't seem to be the right thing right now. With a quick glance at the clock, she knew the dinner call was to be expected way too soon. Her thoughts raced back to before the clinic. The way she could hide her hunger and surprise her fears. No one had ever bothered to ask her if she was alright. Of course, she didn't want them to but knowing no one would wasn't quite as comfortable as it sounds.

"Maya?" A familiar but not known voice called for her. "It's your therapist, she wants to talk to you. Be in her office in ten, please." Maya called out saying something that sounded decently like agreement. The footsteps in front of her door descended again. Maya decided not to worry and just do as she was told. Her temper was already on the edge and she did not have to spill it over. She walked down the labyrinth of hallways and rooms until she arrived in front of Mrs. Wright's door. before she could knock on the broad door towering over her it was pulled open.

"Maya, hi, good to see you. Sit please" Maya obeyed her order and sat in the chair she always did. Every time she came in, the room astound her a new. No quotes, no paintings, no nothing. For the first time that she sat in this room nervousness, didn't overcome her. Her mind was too exhausted to release fear. "You don't seem anxious. Why?" Mrs. Wright looked at her with wide eyes. She seemed impressed but Maya felt too numb to crave that validation right now. She just responded with a classic "I don't know." Mrs. Wright seemed to be satisfied enough by that. Maya slumped back even more in her chair. She almost slipped off but didn't prop herself back up.

"So Maya I gotta ask. Is there something going on between you and April? I saw her talk to you with huge eyes and thought there was a spark." Maya's eyes widened at that comment. It annoyed her senselessly. Why did she care? And since when was it any of her business. Besides she knew Maya was engaged. She didn't think Maya would cheat, did she?

"No, I'm engaged." Maya thought she pulled herself together pretty well. The rage was close to brewing out of her. The audacity of the people today enerved her. Mrs. Wright nodded apologetically. Still, she didn't seem to be serious. Not the degree Maya wanted her to be.

"Was that all?" Maya asked her annoyance slipping a little more than she wanted it to. Mrs. Wright shook her head vigorously. "No, I was just curious."

Maya's rage build up again and this time she did not try to hide it. Was that even allowed? Though on second thought it probably was. Which didn't particularly calm her. The worst part Mrs. Wright seemed to be amused by her fury. Was that pedologically correct? 

She felt ridiculous and wanted to make sure never to see a therapist like Mrs. Wright again. "So, you want to tell me what happened with you and your," she moved her index fingers up and down indicating that she knew the next part wasn't true, "Doctor."

Mrs. Wright's back was still propped against her table as she waited for Maya to answer her question. Shock pulsed through Maya and her heart rate must have gone up to the point where Maya felt her heart palpate in her entire body. How the hell was she supposed to answer that. Did April tell her? Did she taddle?

"I-" was all Maya could bring herself to say.

(I finally updated again!! Yayy. Sorry, it took me this long. I don't know when I can write the next part I hope y'all stick around for it. Again always open and happy to hear your opinions)