Chapter 26

Bloom was moved to the nursery, and BrindleTail was watching the kits, while SnowCloud stared out of the nursery to the field.
"Impatient?" StarlingClaw sat next the entrance of the nursery.
"I never knew, it would be this boring to have kits, I have to wait for fifth teen moons. That's five seasons! I'm never going to be a queen again after these brats are apprentices!" SnowCloud yowled.
"The real question who will be their mentor?" StarlingClaw teased and SnowCloud laughed.
"Ha! I hope SootStream is the mentor of VoleKit." SnowCloud laughed again.
"VoleKit needs to become more calm." SnowCloud watched the greyish black kit play with ThrushKit and FrostKit.
"I should check on MoonPaw, she seemed surprised after the prophecy."
"Go ahead, we are all fine." SnowCloud replied.
StarlingClaw sat up and walked across to the apprentice den, SunPaw's moss bedding was warm, HoundPaw was too, and FawnPaw was sleeping, but MoonPaw had her head down daydreaming.
"You alright, MoonPaw?" StarlingClaw watched the apprentice turned to a surprised face.
"I just can't believe that I'm part of a prophecy, I'm only an apprentice, so is SunPaw, and RainKit?! She was just born! And what dangers?!"
"It can be anyone, MoonPaw. SunClan chose you."
"Yeah, but me, SunPaw, RainKit are too young to deal with the dangers!"
"Don't worry, it can happen any time. Plus it will have to be after CorkStar's death."
MoonPaw didn't look positive about her aunt dying or dealing with any kind of dangers.
"MoonPaw, it's a simple prophecy, it shouldn't be worried much." FawnPaw yawned.
"It's only a simple prophecy, because you aren't in it!" MoonPaw retaliated. FawnPaw stared with a shock look, and so did StarlingClaw.
Retaliation was never MoonPaw's thing, nor any cat.
"I should g-o!" MoonPaw stuttered out of the den, into the field, and FawnPaw looked disappointed.
"Can you fetch StormStone some prey and LaurelBarry...?" FawnPaw questioned.
"Alright..." StarlingClaw padded off to the fresh-kill pile, and drops two large mice on the elders den's entrance.
"Mice? Do I look like a kit? You cats should respect me at least. I was deputy once, and I was one of the first members of this clan!" StormStone rasped.