Chapter 6

The sun rised, exposing the land. Fawnkit was still resting peacefully.

"Looks like Fawnkit got a good night of sleep," Brindletail mewed.

Starlingclaw nodded, and carefully stepped away from the kit. He walked off to the highstone.

"All cats, please gather around. One cat from our clan has finally been proven their strength and courage." Corkstar paused, Swanpaw puffed out his chest in pride.

"Swanpaw, Laurelbarry has spoken with me about your training. Please step forward, to proclaim your new name." Swanpaw took a step toward the ledge. "As clan leader of Thornclan. Do you vow to protect your clan till death?"

"I do." Swanpaw insisted calmly. However we all knew that he was excited and impatient.

"Then, I will grant you your warrior's name, Swanleap." Corkstar yowled, making Swanleap's name clear for the clan.

"Swanleap! Swanleap!" Starlingclaw chanted along with the clan.

The noise died down, and Brindletail was sitting next to Starlingclaw.

"Can you fetch a vole? Houndkit is being picky with his prey today," The ginger she-cat requested.

"Of course, there is a couple at the fresh-kill pile," Starlingclaw nodded as he gave Brindletail a vole.

Corkstar was surrounded by cats, they were waiting for her announcement about the upcoming gathering.

"Starlingclaw, Lilystream Swanleap and Frogcloud shall travel to the weeping willow. I will like our clan to be early to the gathering." Corkstar took off, and Starlingclaw flicked his tail as a farewell to Brindletail.

The cats watched the mice scurry away from their loud paws running on the smooth grass.

"Looks like we are first, everyone. Like as planned," Corkstar rushed to the willow-stones.

Birds chirp, but the willow tree leaves and branches were covering the area from the sky.

Dusk was arriving, and a crowd of Poppyclan cats had arrived. A scrawny fawn and black spotted tabby tom approached the weeping willow tree, Starlingclaw didn't recognize him fully, but he did know that the tom could have been the deputy. However, Poppyclan's leader, GhostStar was nowhere to been seen. 

Many cats surrounded the willow-stones, Tideclan has not arrived yet.