Chapter 1

It was a dark night. The clan finally started to get used to the new territory.

Starlingclaw wondered about how Corkstar was managing. Corkstar was his mentor, his leader, the one that brought him to the clan when he was little. 

His thoughts were interrupted by a beautiful ginger she-cat, Brindletail, his lover, "Starlingclaw, can you help Nightblair with the herbs? There's a shortage of moonshade petals again."

"Of course, Brindletail." Starlingclaw smiled. Starlingclaw often helped with herb gathering.

"How's Swanpaw and Shadowpaw?" Starlingclaw knew his apprentice, Shadowpaw would be with Swanpaw. They are practically inseparable.

"LaurelBarry took them for hunting, and claim borders. Tideclan has been quite suspicious of our clan, they remind me of Canalclan." Brindletail replied.

StarlingClaw rised up from his bedding before going out of the camp.

Scents were still unknown to him and he spotted Snowcloud. She often was at somewhere to rest or at a nearby frozen vole-pool.

"Starlingclaw! Snowcloud and I are hunting. I heard you are fetching MoonShade flowers for Nightblair. Which part of it do you need, the seeds, the petals, or their roots?" SootStream was quite the helpful warrior and he would help NightBlair often.

"Sootstream? The frogs won't wait for you!" Snowcloud teased, she was a quite attractive she-cat and Sootstream was her mate. They were always happy and romantic to each other.

"Starlingclaw? Weren't you helping Nightblair? Stop distracting SootStream!" Every cat knew about her stubbornness and impoliteness. Even Stormstone could not handle her when he was her mentor.

"Sorry about her. I think I saw moonshade flowers at the borders, they might be around here too." Sootstream reassured.

Starlingclaw sniffed the air, SootStream was right. He could smell the sweet scent of the Moonshade.

The purple petals glimmered in the light, it was always difficult to find these flowers.

StarlingClaw carefully dig out the flowers out of the soil. The frost killed the rest, fortunately there was enough for five cats.