Chapter 12

The clan waited in their dens, ShadowFoot watched the the sun dawned onto the clan.
"All cats of ThornClan old enough to travel far, please gather around. As you all know, three kits been living in the nursery, they are strong enough to be apprentices. Please step up, HoundKit and FawnKit"
The two kits step, it was obvious, why CinnamonKit wasn't asked to step up.
"My clan, me and CorkStar have discussed about an apprentice for me. A kit has been helping me with the herbs, CinnamonKit will become my apprentice." NightBlair yowled over the crowd.
"HoundKit and FawnKit, you have reached the age of six moons, and it is time for you to be apprenticed. From this day on, until you receive your warrior name, you will be known as HoundPaw and FawnPaw. Your mentor will be LilyStream. I hope LilyStream will pass down all she knows onto you."
"LilyStream, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from StormStone, you have shown yourself to be honest and loyal. You will be the mentor of FawnPaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to FawnPaw. And HoundPaw, your mentor is SwanLeap.  I hope SwanLeap will pass down all he knows onto you. SwanLeap, you are ready to take on an apprentice. You have received excellent training from LaurelBarry, and you have shown yourself to be strong and fearless. You will be the mentor of HoundPaw, and I expect you to pass on all you know to HoundPaw."
HoundPaw and FawnPaw walked up to their mentors, ready for the ceremony to end.
"Clan dismissed." CorkStar leaped down off the HighStone.
ChervilNose left to the warriors den. StarlingClaw knew her days as a queen are gone, DarkPatch was gone.
"They are all grown now, ChervilNose. You can still help the queens though. Frozenleaf is soon."
"Yes, indeed, but my days as queen are over, and I need more rest than before."
"Alright."
StarlingClaw headed to the nursery, BrindleTail watched the kits.
"How are they?"
"They seem fine, AshKit is a bit more active than the others."
"FrostKit is a bit quiet than most of the kits." SnowCloud exclaimed.