chapter 144

Even Aria, who hated Le Wellin, was nodding her head when he shared the information I learned from my conversation, so it was obvious that he was born a businessman.

After Chessler, who noted this, struggled to establish the young Le Wellin as a successor, for example giving her a successor class from an early age, but Le Wellin herself was reluctant to succeed.

'It was because of Merchen.'

Le Wellin was very cautious with her story, which I learned a while ago when she fully opened her heart to me.

"Ever since I was young, I was very scared of Merchen. When I tried to do something productive... She dragged me in front of the mirror and yelled that the only useful part for you was that face. I didn't let it go unless I agreed. When I took the successor class, she came in and made a ruckus. I started to be influenced by Merchen...Growing up, I looked back at some point and found that I was already living by that word. I was afraid of Merchen and couldn't covet the position successor, and was obsessed with my beauty."

This was obvious mental violence, but Le Wellin was not protected. Her mother died giving birth to her, Chessler was so busy that he didn't realize what was going on between his children, and Descartes's servants fell silent. This is because the Descartes, a perfect meritorious family, had to go through everything on their own.

Due to Merchen's brainwashing, Le Wellin grew up obsessed with beauty. She learned that beauty is the only use of her.

Not long after entering the social world, Le Wellin took over the social world and soon began to obsess over power in the social world. Because his wide position in the social world was the only power she could exercise, who could not be successor.

Le Wellin, who took the place of the social queen, was not happy after that. What she really wanted was to be a business person who could fully display her strengths.

All around her were men entangled in her beauty or nobles attached to Descartes's money.

"I lived with endless thirst, not realizing what I was missing. I was afraid to face my fears and chose to live like a flower, but my dissatisfaction with life did not stop. Because I was full of dissatisfaction, my personality only became sharper and clearer. I met you when my skepticism about life and my obsession with the social power that I now have was growing."

The day I saved Le Wellin, she said she was interested in others for the first time.

'In the original, it seems that Le Wellin went completely bankrupt when so much interest was generated by the wrong love for Reiner... I was lucky to have kept it.'

Le Wellin said that she was incredibly curious to know who I was, that I did not covet her appearance or Descartes' wealth, and that I disappeared after saving her.

"I envy Shushu, who doesn't care about other people's eyes and just moves forward. I'm worried that he'll break because he's too straight... That's why I like you. Shushu, I am, I won't stop envying you. I have the confidence to I can do it if you do. Did you say you would protect your loved ones with a sword? I love my family and businesses. I can't wait to see them ruined by Merchen's stupid hands. With my skill, I will protect the things I love from harm. Merchen."

Le Wellin was a truly brilliant person. She said that it was all thanks to me that she was able to make this decision, but I thought a little differently.

Le Wellin was born with flames. As soon as I saw her eyes blazing with cold iron and ambition, I could see. I threw some wood on the flame, all decisions and actions were taken under her hands.

"Le Wellin, why the hell have you changed like this? Originally, you heard right, huh? Are you mad at your brother?"

As if she had guessed that Le Wellin would not bend down to shout, Merchen reassured her. Le Wellin laughed coldly.

"I haven't changed. I only pretended to listen because I was afraid of you, but I was originally this kind of person. And we're the same age anyway, so stop playing the big brother. Also stop pretending to be the successor."

Le Wellin's harsh words crushed Merchen's face immediately. If he doesn't like Le Wellin, that he doesn't go according to his will, Merchen gritted her teeth.

"I am the successor of Descartes. You also admitted it!"

"No! I haven't even recognized you as a successor! You claim to be Descartes' successor, but he can't control his emotions, and it gets out of hand! But if you're good at your job, not even that! How would I recognize someone like you as a successor? I'd be telling my family to go bankrupt!"

The atmosphere between the two was tense as if it was going to explode soon. It was perhaps the first time I had heard such direct words from Le Wellin, and Merchen's eyes widened in anger.

Black eyes with violent anger and directly fearless green eyes collided fiercely.

"...Right. Now I know what messed you up like this. You must have changed this way since you met Krysis's eldest daughter, right? The crazy one who dresses as a man and runs."

Le Wellin's face stiffened. Eyes raised fiercely, she growled.

"Shut up. Not a name to discuss in your dirty mouth."

"Yes, it's because of that girl! It looks like it has dirty water on you, doesn't it? It's not even funny! It's dyed by a girl who doesn't even know her roots!"

"Shut!"

I had never seen Le Wellin so angry. As she held her torn dress, she seemed to be grasping at giving Merchen a slap in the face right away.

"Was that girl vainly instilled in her the belief that she could be a successor? Yes, she has been searching for her ever since the rumors that she is mad wielding a sword! How would a woman wield a sword!"

Le Wellin's face turned blue with anger, but I, as the main insulted, did not tremble at all. Rather, she was worried about Le Wellin.

'Le Wellin is really angry...'