chapter 130

But...everyone thinks it's easy.'

I bite my lips firmly. The uprising in the north, which is now dominated by the empire, has happened several times in history. And during those countless revolts, the northern part has never defeated the empire. Because of this, it was obvious that everyone was thinking comfortably.

Because they don't know the most dangerous weapon in the North.

'In the first place, the North could never defeat the empire. It's like a fight between a dragon and an earthworm.'

The chance of winning the troops of the mighty empire, which has been systematically trained, and the wandering vagrants of the north, is reduced to the decimal point.

But if the earthworm figured out how to tame the tiger to defeat the dragon, the story was quite different.

'The northern part has figured out how to tame the beast.'

Beast. Animals flowing in the northern region, which humans cannot feel but are invaded by the magic that affects the beast, the body is strangely twisted, and the body's ability is remarkably strong.

The northerners, who have always suffered from the beasts and lived as nomads without even finding the ground, discovered how to control the beasts with forbidden black magic after a long battle with the demons.

The swarms of Devera faced with Carl in the defeat of the beasts of the people of Rouge were also beasts controlled by the northerners.

The northerners, who have always lived under the rule of the empire, are preparing for war against the empire with the demons.

I'm from the empire and my loved ones live in the empire, so I'm on the side of the empire, but actually considering what the empire has done to northerners, it really deserves a revolt.

'The North was treated like a colony, enslaved Northerners and exacted a meaningless level of tribute.'

Not all ruling classes in history were good. This time, the Emperor and the Pope were not exploiting the North, but the North's resentment against the empire that had built up over the years could not be resolved by a generation of just politicians.

'The rebellion in the north is worthy, but... I have to side with the empire.'

The empire certainly committed an indelible sin against the northerners. However, I had to lead my sinful empire to victory to protect my precious things.

When I realized this, I felt that the huge rock that was weighing down on me was getting heavier. I closed my eyes in choking guilt.

Kashmira Krysis is not good. No matter how much I pretend to be good, the only thing that matters most to me is my people.

I was selfish.

"Miss Krysis. Are you alright? Your complexion doesn't look good."

After the banquet started, Reiner, who was watching next to me, stopped the strange fight with Carl and carefully asked. He laughed at me a little thanks to the concerns that lingered in his frank expression.

"It's nothing. I thought for a while."

Even so, the worries on his face like a dark cloud did not disappear. Reiner, who slightly lowered his eyes like a depressed dog, hesitated for a moment and asked.

"But you really don't have good skin. Can I check the temperature once?"

"Uh...if you want to confirm that, go ahead."

No matter how much I have physical strength and durability that are much lower than the average sword master, I can't get hot easily, but if I refused, Reiner would have the drive to dig deeper into the tunnel, so I accepted it. first.

Of course, I was imagining and accepting the normal situation of measuring heat by hand.

Reiner's big hand, reaching out carefully, gently swept my bangs covering my eyebrows. I closed my eyes a little because he tickled me with his hair. Reiner, who looked at me gently and looked a bit confused, tilted his upper body and brought his face closer.

And the forehead that touches. A bit of warm heat spread across my forehead.

'What what...'

I was surprised at one point and widened my eyes. There was a Reiner in front of my nose with long eyelashes down. A murmur spreads. It was the moment when I felt the throbbing warmth that reached my heart.

Pop!

The Pope's staff fell into the center of the banquet hall with a roar.

Then Reiner raised his forehead and looked at the place where the staff had fallen. I reviewed the situation too quickly. Fortunately, no one was injured by falling in a place where no one was present, and apart from the gap in the banquet hall floor, the hard cane looked good without any scratches.

"Sorry. My hand slipped."

When my gaze was drawn to the owner of the fallen cane, Eli, who had a cold, expressionless and emotionless expression, said in a callous tone.

'...Is it an accident?'

Eli is now seated on a throne at the front of the banquet hall. For his staff to fall from the front to the center of the banquet hall, which was a considerable distance away, was a situation that was probably thrown intentionally.

But if the Pope slipped, he slipped.

Since there was no idiot to question if he was thrown by the Pope instead of slipping into this banquet hall, the case was solved when the attendant hurriedly took the cane and handed it back to Eli.