chapter 12

"But I don't believe in heroes. There can't be a favor that is given for nothing in return."

Is it my misunderstanding that Didy behaves like a person who has never experienced a priceless favor? She seemed a bit sad.

"Are you sure you won't answer until the end?"

The reason for not responding further was simple.

Because there is no reason. Okay. There was no reason. I helped him because he seemed dangerous. What kind of interest should there be for that? There was nothing more than a small favor.

But he didn't seem convinced without an answer. I had to open my mouth.

"That's right. Mir is often called that."

I made direct eye contact with Didy.

"But I'm not a hero."

He wasn't as big as a hero. At my statement, Didy frowned.

"Then the intention is..."

"What I did was not a hero's thing, it was what a human should have done."

I knew there were more people who didn't live like that. There are many who value their own safety more than the life of the person in front of them.

'Nothing can precede human life. Do not forget.'

However, humans were such a being by my standards. Under my own standards that are only given to me, I value life above all else.

"...You mean you finally saved me for no reason."

Didy's eyes stayed sharp. A cold voice as if she were questioning a sinner. Believing was difficult with that attitude of disbelief.

"Unfortunately, it is correct to say that."

I shrugged casually. Didy's face hardened coldly.

"No lo creo".

"Then don't believe it."

"¿Que?"

As he slowly washed the mortar used to grind the grass, he ground it up.

"Quickly tell me what you want!"

Everything has a price. He had no intention of denying that truth.

However, he wanted to show pure favor to this man who seems to have lived alone after being deceived.

"I want nothing".

"You said not to believe it!"

"Then I didn't tell you not to believe it."

The same problem comes and goes. I face confused blue eyes. His eyes were filled with human mistrust and pessimistic light, they looked like someone, like me.

"Don't believe, keep suspecting. What the hell is he going to ask, feel anxious, swear your favor. Stay here until you can move on your own. Suspect until the end and leave this shack with your feet. You are safe on the way. When you get home, then you'll trust me."

His deep blue eyes trembled as if he was throwing a large stone over the lake.

"Now please sleep. Patient."

"Why?"

"Because getting enough sleep is essential."

'Equally.'

Kicking my tongue out, he pulled me close to Didy with a blanket and folded my upper body. I stopped before making contact with her face and poked at her forehead with my index finger. Didy's body was sluggish and he lay limp on the bed.