chapter 5

But nonetheless, he was right this time, he was wrong. It was not an attitude that would seem to the chief minister, Eli, and nothing more than telling someone that he favored me.

As I looked at him with an upright gaze and apologized politely, El slowly opened his mouth.

"Look."

"Yes?"

"I don't expect much from you. But I thought you and I were friends..."

The silver pupils that appeared under the eyelids slowly shone like drops of transparent water.

"I'm sorry. I acted my way. Still, can't you call me Eli? If you call me supreme minister... I don't think Mir and I have a relationship."

Tears seemed to fall at any moment with the end of her droopy eyes.

Certainly today I was a bit harsh, like cheating or teasing. It was surprising that the chief minister, Eli, did not pay tribute to my rudeness.

"Wow, I made a mistake. From now on, I will definitely call you Eli."

She was unusually upset and embarrassed, I couldn't help but bring the handkerchief to her side not knowing what to do with the drops of water in her eyes.

Oh, I gave it to him. I guess he had made dozens of copies. I was worried that Eli, who had a soft heart, had been hurt.

With that aspect, I also felt comfortable with Eli.

I was fidgeting, looking at Eli, and suddenly I thought. It was proof that I was familiar with him by revealing my convictions to him, the chief minister, and caring about his injuries.

"What are you doing now?"

"Yes? I sat down because he told me to sit down."

"I said sit on a chair. Why... are you kneeling on the floor?"

Suddenly, I remembered my first meeting with Eli. That day was confusing in many ways.

After receiving a call from the Mercenary Guild that Eli wanted to make a deal with me, I visited Helene for the first time and she was very depressed in a splendid building.

'Commoners and nobles should not sit in one place.'

So she was used to the tyranny of the nobles as a common mercenary. Although she was praised as a group hero and one of only three sword masters in the empire, I was just a common mercenary for the nobles.

Most of the nobles felt a slight pleasure when he was in front of them for a long time. I had to satisfy his discreet pleasures to earn money, and I thought Eli called me to get that kind of satisfaction too.

"Oh please...don't do that, please..."

I still remember the embarrassment at that moment. Eli, who was looking at me, kneeling in front of him, her eyes falling apart, was crying like a child.

I was so embarrassed by the situation where the man I met for the first time burst into tears and didn't know what to do. Now that I think about it, it was a strange relationship between Eli and I that we hugged from the first meeting.

"I, I wanted you to be happy... but why do you show yourself this way? You have to look majestic. You. You're that kind of person..."

Eli, who was saying unfamiliar words, didn't point out my rudeness for hugging him at all. In fact, considering the size of him, I felt like I was on him.

I still remember the day when I looked at myself with eyes full of tears. The scent of lilies wafting from the nearest streets. Silver eyes that shone with a light like obsession.

Although his eyes were a bit strange, He crying was infinitely beautiful.

The crystal of divine and pure goodness. An infinitely weak and delicate creature. It was like the wings of a butterfly that would break if it touched the bright and beautiful sky.

Okay. I saw Eli for the first time and I thought he was like an angel.

"Never kneel in front of me. I... don't bend or lower yourself. I'm not an aristocrat, and I'm your slave before that, no. Because I'm a person like you, just stay in front of me like you..."

So I felt that this client was an infinitely kind and tender person. Although I felt that he knew me from before and a strange feeling of stupidity came over me. I couldn't make it suspicious. He was a very good person for that.

'I have to stay away from the client, ...but I made a single exception.'

I sighed deeply inside. I already got too close to Eli. He was a dear friend to me.

'I was hurt...'

Eli was a soft-hearted person, who couldn't believe that he was in a high position called chief minister. He worried me that my words had hurt him too much.

I sat up comfortably and paid attention as I was silent, Eli, who was wiping the eye area with the handkerchief I handed her, smiled a bloody smile. The eye area below his silver pupils was too hard and he turned his gaze slightly.

"We're meeting as a client and as an employee, but... I want to be a little more emotionally close to Mir."

Eli, who was still looking at me with teary eyes, slowly covered the back of my hand with her own. His big hands were hot. The look of him looking at my complexion seemed to make sure he didn't offend me.

'Now I'm used to this.'

Although he didn't have much physical contact, contact with Eli didn't feel bad. I agreed with a slight nod, and he took my hand and placed it on her cheek. I felt strange even though it was a cold mask touching my palm, not the person's warm cheeks.

"You have to call me Eli. I want Mir to call me that."

Eli's eyes rolled up.

I always think so, but it was a pure angelic face that knew nothing of real evil.

If the warmth of his warm hand reached my ears, I nodded, thinking that both of my ears seemed a bit warm.

"I won't eat anymore."

"It's okay."

It was a meal that followed after our conversation. Meals at Helene were always food that was so valuable that I wondered if I could eat it.

"Don't forget to pick up your food at the counter when you leave."

Eli advised me in a soft voice. Eli, who was worried that I was dry, took good care of me and whenever I ran into him, he would pack Helene's food separately.

I was embarrassed at first, but if I didn't get it I was scared by the voice that said he would send me to Helene's head chef every day, so I decided to get it.

I'm fine, but I want Aria to eat it.