chapter 6

Don't forget to pick up your food at the counter when you leave."

Eli advised me in a soft voice. Eli, who was worried that I was dry, took good care of me and whenever I ran into him, he would pack Helene's food separately.

I was embarrassed at first, but if I didn't get it I was scared by the voice that said he would send me to Helene's head chef every day, so I decided to get it.

I'm fine, but I want Aria to eat it.

All of Helene's food is just delicacies from the mountains and the sea. Aria, who doesn't eat well, used to touch Helene's food a bit, so I had to ask for it, even though he didn't give it anymore. Anyway, she didn't have any pride.

"...Thank you all the time."

"I have to thank myself. Thank you for allowing me to do God's precious will."

Eli, smiling happily, was like the sun shining. If the benevolent sun god did manifest, it seemed like he would be like Eli. The sweetness of his heart somehow made me feel crushed and I smiled a little.

He watched as the waiter cleared the table and wiped my hands thoroughly with a towel laid out on the table.

"Would you like to do it now?"

Eli asked, smiling brightly and I nodded. I pulled up the chair and sat down next to him.

"Could you give me your hand please?"

I held out my hand in front of Eli. As the snow timidly fell, he gently grabbed my hand.

His big hand rested on mine. Instead of a temple of the sun, the burning heat filled my hands that were like a coffin.

The strangest moment in my unique dealings with Eli was now.

"If you want to pay me, would you take my hand?"

When the deal went through about three times, I got this answer when I asked if there was anything else to do with the conscience for being overpaid.

It was okay to hold his hand, so I agreed without saying anything, and after that, I added time to hold his hand whenever I met him.

'Is life in the temple very lonely?'

To take the hands of a mercenary like me.

Eli, who asked me that, seemed very lonely. The priests I knew before I met Eli weren't very nice people, so maybe the innocent and good Eli was being ostracized in the temple.

'Perhaps, like that child.'

I bit my lip at the memories of the past.

As it happened a few years ago, he had saved a temple boy who was being bullied. Completely dead, a boy with black eyes. At that time, my perception of the temple was not so good.

"...Take care of yourself."

In fact, the boy's memories were not very good memories. If it's a slightly sad and bitter memory, I wouldn't know. I blinked slowly and looked at Eli.

I made eye contact with him, who was only looking at me. The only thing that could be seen with a masked face was bright silver eyes.

They were different. The dark eyes that seemed to bring all misfortune to the world and the good, innocent silver eyes. the endlessly handsome Eli and a dirty-looking guy who lived in the back alley. He was so different that he couldn't even compare.

'But why do I see them so overlapping?'

I didn't know that maybe that was the reason why I opened my mind to Eli so easily, since he was always very alert.

"Eli. Is there someone in the temple who torments you?"

It was impulsive to blurt out that question. Eli's expression hardened in an instant. A strong force entered the hand of him holding me.

"No one in this world can bother me more. Mir."

At that moment, I looked at him with a bit of astonishment at the infinitely cold voice that came out from the hollow of his lips. When he looked at my face, Eli, who was gloomy, laughed hurriedly.

"Oh, it's nothing. I'm fine. Nobody bothers me."

He couldn't have felt that the sound of the ultimate voice was harsh enough. It was a strange reaction.

'You hate talking about this.'

But what Eli didn't want to reveal, I also didn't want to delve into.

I nodded as silently as possible and waved my hand wordlessly.

After blinking her eyes several times, Eli exhaled deeply.

"I always look forward to this moment. Do you know that?"

A low, sweet voice whispered close to my ear. I felt a bit weird.

"You're hurt again."

Eli looked at my hand and whispered again.

'Isn't that better yet? '

When I fell down and remembered my previous life, my skin was a little chapped from touching the ground with my palms. Usually, the Sword Master would have healed as soon as such an injury occurred.

Although I am a sword master, my stamina and defense have been greatly reduced. It was the case that you become a sword master by defeating a demon without training, like physical strength training for example. It was a case where the attack power was equally high.

'In game terms, I think it looks like all the stats were taken by attack power alone.'

I sighed as I remembered that my body tired easily.

"Even if you always treat me, I got hurt again."

A silvery light emerged from Eli's hand with a slight sigh. Clearly capture the wonderful sight of the healing wound as I narrow my eyes due to glare.

'If divine power could heal Aria too...'

I bite my lips firmly. There was nothing he hadn't tried to cure Aria's illness, and among them was divine power.

Usually only nobles can receive treatment at the temple. Huge amounts of money had to be spent to do what only nobles could do as commoners.

"For the lady... divine power doesn't work at all."

The priest, who was able to collect all the money he had and barely knew her, said so.

Some of these races, including fairies and watermen, do not have any divine power, and some mutants among humans have said that they cannot accept divine power.

Divine power is a symbol of the temple. If the divine power was known to be down, there was a chance that it would be driven to something else. In the end, to cover the priest's mouth, I had to spend more and got nothing.

"You don't always have to do this."

When I was healed by the chief minister of a not-so-noble wound, I stiffened and scratched my head, so he lowered his eyes.

"It's because I want to do it, won't you let me do it?"

'Oh really.'

There could be no words of rejection for Eli, who was healing me. I silently avoided his eyes and silently healed myself.

"Every time I look at it, I am amazed."

Looking at the palm that was healed without a trace by divine power, I looked out the window for a while. The sky has already darkened, the sun was setting.

'If it's late, Aria will be worried.'

"Thanks again today. Can I go?"

I feel sorry for Eli, who blinked slowly. He smiled and nodded.

"Yes. You must be tired, go ahead."

Eli was a very friendly person. We laughed with each other and gave each other a brief goodbye.

"See you next week."

I took a step forward and opened the door. A sincere look followed me from the back of the head.

The holidays are over.