chapter 14

The voice that softly whispered like the spring breeze is quite different from before. She even she was confused because the difference in temperature when she spoke between me and the man was like the difference between spring and winter.

"Now I'm leaving."

The sound of footsteps clanging is cheerful.

Didy, who left me and the man frozen behind, opened the door of the two curtains, burst out laughing.

"Goodbye Shushu."

"I'm going to miss you."

He added in a small voice, a step out of the cabin, a man running to follow him, the sound of the door closing. I couldn't open my eyes until the sun was halfway up.

Even after Didy's disappearance, she lay blank as if she had been stiff. Only after the sun revealed her face was I able to finally open my eyes and lift my body.

I sat against the wall and slowly swept the bed. The subtle scent of vanilla still tickled my nose.

'The boy smelled like lemon.'

At first glance, old memories boggle my mind. Memories that remain alive even after several years. Now I keep wondering how the child will live.

'It was similar back then.'

Something similar to this happened once in the past.

"Why did you save me? What do you want?"

It was a summer night when it was raining cats and dogs. When I found a child who was seriously injured and collapsed, I took him to this hut and treated him.

"There can be no favor without a reason! Don't lie!"

If you are an adult who has or has never seen Didy, I just thought that the boy was constantly bullied and hurt by people, and he was like a long and shy boy who protects himself from people.

"Sister Shushu..."

However, the boy wanted to trust people again.

'Will you be living well?'

After the boy who had recovered to a certain extent suddenly disappeared, I never saw his face again. I didn't want her to grace me back, but I hoped she would show her face to see if she was living well.

'Well, no news is good news.'

Tilt your head limply. She lived so well that I thought there was no reason for her to visit me.

I got up and cleaned the bed. Didy's pale vanilla scent through the bedding was even sharper.

The boy's sour lemon smell had now been replaced by vanilla.

Flatten the bedding with a callous expression. At some point, I breathed in vain from the emotion leaking out.

'You have become so boring'

I felt a bit pathetic.

And I sat with a confused smile. Therefore, human heat was dangerous.

The interior of the cabin is dark even in the morning, covered by the shadow of a huge tree. A ray of sunlight barely reaches the new window.

This place, which seemed more lonely due to the dim sunlight, was perfectly still. I was buried in the shadows and closed my eyes. Feel floating alone. Silence left alone in outer space.

This emotional identity was commonly defined as loneliness.

"It's strange."

It was always a lonely place. Why do you feel more alone now?

"Sister!"

When I opened the lock and the door was opened with a deft hand, a small creature quickly jumped out and I was gently hugged. I smiled and they hugged me tighter. Helene's food was put on the floor.

"Aria"

Aria, who raised her head, grabbed my waist and leaned over.

"Why didn't you come back last night? I mean, I was really worried!"

It was sad to see her cry. I laughed awkwardly.

"I'm sorry. There was a little urgent thing last night. Did you eat well for dinner? I'm sorry I couldn't make you something."

"Is my rice important now?"

Aria, with her soft sharp eyes, gave me an anxious look. Even looking at Aria's notice, I nodded.

"You have to eat well. We don't have much to eat at home."

"So what about you? Did you have dinner?"

Scratching my eyes, I closed my mouth in front of Aria and scratched my head awkwardly. I had nothing to say because she was busy treating Didy and I skipped dinner.

"Sister is always like this. She always cares about me and doesn't take care of herself. She always says she loves me, but she has too many things to hide from me."

Aria groaned. It was a tone closer to resignation than resentment and anger, so it hurt her more. I feel sorry for Aria, but.

I can't tell Aria everything. Even though I knew Aria was hurt and distraught over my secret, I couldn't tell.

'That's...I really can't tell.'

I can never tell Aria, who cares, that I was trampled and scrambled by beasts and became a sword master.

"...I know. There must be a reason. I know that my sister doesn't hide something from me for no reason, and I know that I'm complaining like a child right now. Still, I'm worried about my sister...."

A small murmur hit my chest. Aria buried her face in my arms.

'What should I do with you.'

I bit my lip and gently stroked Aria's head.

"Sister! Please wake up! Sister please..."

I vaguely remembered the time I had been holding the sword. The day I went out on my first expedition to defeat evil spirits and returned home in trouble. Aria had found me falling in front of the house.

"There must be a reason I can't say. Okay? Don't ask any more."

After being passed out for a few days, I woke up and Aria asked me why I was hurt, but when I couldn't answer, she quickly closed her mouth. She was a child who quickly became an adult.

"Sorry, for not being able to tell you as much."

I wanted to tell you what I'm hiding from you, but I don't even know anymore. Is it just for you to hide me unconditionally? It hurts like this.

Me, because I didn't know.

"Today, your sister is not going anywhere. Shall we go out and play together?"

All I could do was say something. Aria shivered in my arms. Aria, who wiped her red eyes, smiled infinitely joyful. As if to calm down.

"Yes, I want to go play together."