Chapter 47

His own life was easily defined as a “game” by someone

Pei Siyuan found that he couldn’t make sense of what the Creator said: “Compulsory? If I don’t follow your script, you won’t be able to do anything about it, right? Even if I were to do it all over again, I would still break free and meet her early and fall in love with her again without hesitation.”  

“I can’t do anything about you? Then you think too highly of yourself.” The Creator’s tone was a bit sarcastic, “Although you already have self-awareness, don’t forget, your body and behavior are still under my control.” 

… It seemed that this was indeed the case.  

Although under his desperate resistance he could do things that go against the control of the Creator, but such resistance consumed a lot of his energy every time. In the past, just seeing her once made him exhausted, and it was even more difficult to get rid of the control for a long time. 

“Just think about it.” Albeit Pei Siyuan didn’t speak, the Creator heard what he was thinking, “You can make your own choice whether to act on your own initiative or be forced to act. With my goodness I’m reminding you that if you choose the latter, when the time comes, you will not be able to control what you say or do.”   

Pei Siyuan understood what the Creator’s words meant, he had the memories of his previous lives, and knew how humiliating and hurtful the words he spoke when he was under control, that kind of hurt, he naturally did not want Gu Ningyou to endure it again.  

Was the creator forcing him to act on his own initiative in order to use it to gain a greater sense of accomplishment?  

“I choose the former.” Pei Siyuan knew deep down that he had no choice. “So, in the days to come, you won’t forcefully control my words and deeds?”   

“Yes, you can act freely, as long as you don’t deviate from the general direction.”  

“Okay, but I still have a question.” Neither the script given by the creator nor the memories of his past lives told him Gu Ningyou’s ending, which was exactly what he wanted to know the most, “If I finish acting according to your script, what will happen to Gu Ningyou in the end? In your script, it only says that she will be sent abroad, it doesn’t tell me what will happen after that.”   

“She?  Naturally, it’s what you expect – without you, she will live a very good and happy life for the rest of her life.” 

The Creator’s words sounded good, but Pei Siyuan was a little unconvinced: “Do you promise?”  

“Don’t think so bad of me. As long as you follow my script, I promise that everyone will have a happy ending.”

After all, it was impossible for him to be with her.

Just one night later, everything changed dramatically. Originally, he wanted to confess to her, and he also planned to pursue her shamelessly if she didn’t accept, but now, his plan was no longer possible to implement.