Chapter 39

“So, when do you want to go?”

“I’d like to go next January, will it be okay for you?” Seeing that Gu Ningyou didn’t refuse, the depression in Pei Siyuan’s eyes dissipated a little. “I want to spend the New Year with you and your family. Meet father-in-law, mother-in-law….and your brother.”

This person…really…he hasn’t met them but already referred them as father-in-law and mother-in-law.

Under normal circumstances, her mood should be ecstatic and happy but at this time, she was at a loss. When Pei Siyuan mentioned her parents and brother, some hidden part in her memory that she had accepted were suddenly poked. Ever since she accepted Pei Siyuan’s confession, she seldom reminded herself of her past life, deliberately making sure those pains and heartaches seemed to have never existed. But at this moment, she remembered it again and she could pictured the scenes of her past life extremely vivid-

It turned out that she never forgot.

Even though Pei Siyuan in this life has been good to her, even though she is very happy now, she has never forgotten it.

The difference is that now she can control her emotions easily, instead of losing control like before.

“Ningning?” Pei Siyuan held her hand and asked her again, “Since you ask that, it means you agree?”

“Um.”

Thinking of her past life, Gu Ningyou couldn’t help but feel a little heavy in her heart. However, she finally agreed.

She promised Pei Siyuan, she promised him that she would give him a chance, she promised him that she would trust him …… The Pei Siyuan in this life loves her and he will not act like that of the previous life and hurt her.

One should not always live in the past….

Gu Ningyou comforted herself like this and finally suppressed the faint unease and worry floating in her heart.

At this time, she would have never expected that a change would come so quickly that she wouldn’t have time to react…

That night, after she took a bath, she laid lazily on the bed. When Pei Siyuan entered the room, her sharp eyes saw that he had his hands behind his back as if he was hiding something.

Gu Ningyou glanced behind him curiously, “Yuan, what are you holding in your hand?”

Pei Siyuan lifted the corner of the quilt and handed her the thing as he sat beside her. Gu Ningyou reached out to take it only to find that it was a thick album with large characters written on the cover, —

“World’s Famous Attractions”

When she opened the album, she saw beautiful pictures of tourist attractions of the world, which dazzled and fascinated her.

“I bought it at a bookstore when I got off work,” Pei Siyuan explained in his warm tone. “Where do you want to go? I’ll go with you after the New Year.”