Chapter 23

At the entrance of her university, Gu Ningyou stood alone under the tree, absent-mindedly playing with her mobile phone

If she hadn’t received the messages wishing her a happy birthday from her brother and Fu Yifei on WeChat, she would have forgotten that today was her birthday. She had planned to go home directly, but thinking that Pei Siyuan had said he would pick her up today when they parted last time, she decided to wait for him here for a while.  

She hoped Xie Yingzhou has conveyed her meaning to Pei Siyuan at this time. She didn’t like the feeling of being unable to control herself when she was with Pei Siyuan. It was no exaggeration to say that she didn’t even want to have dinner with him before parting ways.  

When Pei Siyuan’s car appeared in her sight, Gu Ningyou was a little disappointed. She suppressed the annoyed feeling in her heart. Pei Siyuan stopped in front of her, and she put on a look as if nothing had happened, opened the door and sat in.  

Gu Ningyou noticed that his clothes today were different from those in the past. He was busy with work on weekdays, wearing either a blazer or a formal suit all day long, but today he had changed into a casual outfit and the zipper of his jacket was not pulled up. To be honest, this kind of dressing made him look amiable, and he looked completely different from usual, and even his cold and hard facial lines were softened a lot because of this.   

It was rare to see him so approachable, Gu Ningyou couldn’t resist looking at him more. Noticing her silent gaze, Pei Siyuan asked, “What?”  

Finding herself caught peeking, Gu Ningyou withdrew her gaze slightly sheepishly, “Nothing.”  

Just now, an absurd thought flashed through her mind. She felt that Pei Siyuan was here to accompany her for her birthday, that was why he specially went home and changed clothes before coming to pick her up. Then, she felt that she was overthinking, Pei Siyuan was tired of even spending time with her, so how could he possibly spend his time on such a thing?   

She looked out the window and found that Pei Siyuan was driving neither the way to her house nor the way back to his own home. After hesitating, she still asked, “Yuan, where are we going?”  

“Hotel .”  

Hearing Pei Siyuan’s answer, Gu Ningyou almost couldn’t catch her breath. He planned to spend her birthday with her like this? Go directly to the hotel to get a room?

Contrary to what she expected, Pei Siyuan didn’t take her directly to the hotel after he parked the car, but took her to the restaurant next to it and entered the couple’s private room that he had booked in the morning.  

The couple’s private room in front of her was obviously set up early in the morning. There were beautiful flowers on the wall, and a soothing piano music was playing on the speakers. The scene in front of her looked romantic and warm. If Pei Siyuan hadn’t brought her, she suspected that she had strayed into someone’s well-prepared marriage proposal venue.