CHAPTER NINE

[ CHAPTER NINE: Scary Movies and Popcorn ]

Aria & The Black Phone Cast

ARIA MOVED AROUND QUICKLY, cleaning as fast as she could, making sure that everything was in its designated spot. Fluffing pillows and turning them in different directions. The doorbell finally rang, they were all here, The Black Phone Cast was about to be in her house, right now.

"Oh, hello! Ari, come down, your friends are here." Aria's mother called out, causing Aria to suck in a breath and walk out of her room, slowly walking down the stairs, she turned a bit to see them all in the front room, looking around the room, observing the house a bit.

"Hi guys," Aria hesitated, they all turned to her, smiles being received, "Uhm— we can go to my room!" Aria invited, they all agree and follow her up the stairs and down the hallway to her room.

There was some sort of tension, most likely because they'd talked everyday on the phone for almost 2 months. This was their first time together for a first time. They were both stunned at each other.

Once they all made it to Aria's room, they all scattered around, Miguel sitting on Aria's bed and turning to the many Squish-mallows that laid on the top, poking them in the head.

Tristan sat on Aria's window seat, Madeleine sitting by Miguel, Becca sitting next to Tristan, and Aria sitting at her desk, glancing back and forth between the 4 of them. "So... should we watch a movie?"

______

There they all laid, Madeleine and Becca both sitting crisscross apple sauce on the floor, Tristan laying on his stomach next to the girls, and Miguel and Aria both on her bed, lying on their stomachs, while they watched The Conjuring.

The silence was quite loud, Aria felt her heartbeat increase a bit when she touched Miguel's hand while grabbing a handful of popcorn. It was dumb, he probably had no interest in her, he probably thought of her as nothing more than just a friend.

He probably—

Miguel had fallen asleep, right next to Aria. His eyes closed shut, his face smushed into the Squish-mallow, his body laying comfortably flat on his stomach. Aria smiled uncontrollably at the image, turning back to the movie and signing at one of the sister's dumb incidents.

She felt a yawn escape her, her eyes going heavy, her body starting to shut down slowly. It's fine, she'll just lay for a little bit, it won't be that big of a deal just to rest her eyes for a few minutes...

_____

"Oh, shit!" Tristan laughed, staring down at the two who slept peacefully close, "How cute," Becca sighed, smiling brightly at them, "I'm taking a picture of this." Madeleine laughed to herself.

There they laid, Miguel's arm lazily wrapped around Aria's body, Aria's face snuggled right by Miguel's neck, both of them extremely close, comfortably sleeping together.

_____

😋💪