CHAPTER SEVEN

[ CHAPTER SEVEN: Constant Smiles ]

3 weeks later...

Aria

IT HAD BEEN 3 WEEKS SINCE ARIA AND MIGUEL'S CALL, they'd sort of kept contact, mostly through iMessage games. Aria was usually the one to win. '#GirlBossShit' was the term used by Aria when she won a round of whatever game they were playing.

"And you still haven't confessed?" Aria asked Madeleine, as she put away her textbooks, "No! He should ask me out." Madeleine groaned with frustration. "Maddy, you should at least confess, he obviously likes you." Aria giggled to herself.

"Says the girl who has a crush on Miguel." Madeleine mumbled, "I do not!" Aria gave Madeleine a look before laughing to herself. "Just confess, trust me, it works." Aria sang, "Fine, I should go, we're having Soccer practice at a park that's super far from my house." Madeleine sighed.

"Good luck on practice." Aria smiled before hanging up, Aria sighed as she walked over to her bed and laid down. Aria yawned onto her pillow, laying flat on her stomach. "Ari, I'm heading out, your mother is meeting me there so you'll be home alone for a while." Her father revealed. "Okay!" Aria nodded.

_____

Aria laid on her stomach watch 'Home,' eating popcorn and drinking chocolate milk. Feeling her phone buzz, she looked down to see a text from a familiar person. 'miguel 🕵️‍♀️', she felt herself smile unconsciously.

The next few hours were spent of the two playing iMessage games and texting back and forth.

______

"Hi Mattie," Aria beamed, "What's got you all smiles today?" Matilda laughed as she put her backpack strap on one of her arms. "Oh... nothing." Aria mumbled, "We should go get milkshakes!" Aria cheered. "What're you planning?" Matilda questioned, observing her friends excited body language.

"What do you mean?" Aria wondered, her eyebrows furrowing in the process. "Well for one, you keep smiling, even blushing in the process. Two, you're jumping up and down. Three, you keep playing with your fingers, meaning your nervous or planning something."

"You can't hide anything from me, I've known you for 6 years, plus, I don't suck my thumb." Matilda concluded, causing an exasperated sigh to escape Aria. "Nothing's going on, I just really want milkshakes with my best friend, nothing more." Aria stammered on her words.

"Mhm, fine. Let's go." Matilda raised a suspicious brow before grabbing Aria's arm and leading her to their bikes. "It's about Miguel, right?" Matilda supposed, "Nothing's going on." Aria mumbled, "I didn't say there was anything going on, you just implied it though." Matilda shrugged, getting onto her teal bike.

"We've just been talking a lot recently, that's all." Aria smiled to herself before getting on her purple bike. "You guys are cute together." Matilda imagined the two. "Stop." Aria laughed to herself before riding off.

"Hey! Wait up!"

_____

another chapter 😋