Chapter 10. 1856 

Nicholas came away, his hands moving to cradle her face. His eyes stayed glued with hers, welling up with tears as he absorbed her words. "My darling Amelia, I can assure you that you are going to be loved and adored by someone. I promise you that."
Amelia sniffled. "I don't believe anyone is going to love me once they see my body. Most men who I've encountered prefer women of smaller breast and hips."
Nicolas growled. "All of those bastards can go to hell as far as I'm concerned, because that's not my preference."
Amelia's eyes widened. "Then what is your preference your grace?"
Without taking his eyes away from hers, Nicholas allowed his right hand to move from her cheek and down to her neck, across her shoulder and then ending at her right breast. He caressed it gently, smiling with satisfaction as he felt the soft mound fit perfectly into his palm. His voice became low and seductive as he answered her. "My preference, Miss Morgan, happens to be the beautiful young woman who is in my arms this very moment."
Amelia gasped quietly, both from his words and from his action. Her eyes closed as she felt his thumb brush very gently against her nipple, feeling it become hard and erect. Nicholas preferred her body type over any other woman. Nicholas was wanting her and no one else. She moaned softly as she felt him repeat his earlier action.
Nicholas brought his lips to her ear. "You are exquisite Amelia, absolutely breathtaking. I would love nothing more than to bury myself deep inside you this very minute, to have you and claim you as mine. I want nothing more than to remove your clothing and make sweet love to you for hours. And then, I want to lie in bed with you. I want to hold you, hold you tightly against me and never let you go."
Amelia wasn't sure whether to cry or kiss him. No one had ever spoken those delicious and beautiful words to her before. She realized that Nicholas wasn't wanting her simply for a casual affair, or even a one night fling. Oh no, he was wanting her in his life, permanently.She couldn't say a word. She could only stare at him with wide eyes and slightly parted lips.
Smiling softly, Nicholas captured her mouth with his for another deep and passionate kiss, bringing her tightly against him once again. He cradled her to his chest, feeling her arms slide around his neck as his arms went around her waist. He felt her responding to him, felt her tongue swirl with his. She was wanting him as much as he was wanting her.
As they held one another close, kissing each other ravenously, they didn't care that they had been caught by Amelia's half brother. They didn't care that the ballroom was still packed with people dancing and laughing with one another. They didn't care that they could possibly be caught again by someone else.. All they cared about was each other and their lips caressing over and over again.
Amelia tilted her head back as she felt Nicholas allow his lips to glide across her neck, kissing it tenderly. Good Lord, she was in heaven. Her skin was hot, her breathing heavy. And, most noticeably, she was very wet between her legs. She was very much aroused by the Duke of Richmond, and by the evidence of his cock against his trousers, she knew that he was just as aroused by her.
After a few more moments, Nicholas raised his eyes to hers, their chocolate orbs dark with desire. He brushed his lips against hers for another kiss. "Amelia my dear, I do believe we have a little problem on our hands."
Amelia raised one eyebrow, her breathing still heavy. "And what problem is that your grace?"
Nicolas. "Well, if I remember correctly, we did get caught by Robert earlier this evening, and we are now in yet another scandalous and compromising position."
Amelia. "Yes, we are. What do you propose we do about it?"
Nicholas smiled brightly. "Isn't it obvious Miss Morgan? I believe I have just found my Duchess of Richmond."
Amelia's heart stopped, her eyes becoming wide like saucers. Her voice was barely above a surprised whisper. "Nicholas, do you mean to say that..."
Nicholas caressed her cheek tenderly. "Yes, it's the only way to clear both of our names of scandal. We must be married."
Amelia. "But my divorce with George hasn't been finalized yet. We must wait until after the holidays."
Nicholas. "We don't need to wait, at least not for the engagement. We can make the announcement at the Christmas ball next month. As soon as January is upon us, and you are a free woman officially, then we can discuss our wedding."
Amelia couldn't take her eyes away from him, her brain and heart absorbing his words. She was going to be the fiancé of the Duke of Richmond over the holidays, and then be his wife by the beginning of the following year. She was no longer going to be at the bottom of the English peerage, but at the top. She was going to be given nothing but love and adoration by Nicolas, no longer being hurt or ridiculed by George.
Nicholas moved his hand down to take hers, squeezing it gently. "Is that all right?"
Amelia knew things had moved a bit too fast between them, but they had become lost with one another's lips earlier that night. They had been caught by Robert, and could've potentially been caught by someone else just now. She knew there was no other choice but to marry him, simply to prevent their names from being scandalized. Taking a deep breath, she returned his hand squeeze and smiled at him. "Yes, that's perfectly all right with me."